• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brinnswift

I bought two new Maxtors 250gb sata150 hdds. I plugged both them in my Lanparty nf4 sli-dr. I go into the bios and set it to sata raid, I press ctrl + s and configure it as stripped and I choose both the hdds. So far so good. I then go into the install windows and I press f6 to install the raid drivers. I specify additional device and I install the drivers. What happens is when I get into the partition manager it detects 2 seperate hdds of 130 gbs each. Each one with a diffrent drive letter. I think it's meant to be read as one but I see two, I choose to format one and install windows on it but when it does that, there is no os detected on the hdd.

I'm using the Sil3114 raid control, on the boot it shows the healthy raid0 setup for ~500 gigs. It's just when I get into the partition manager it seems to mess up and read 2 drives and not be able to boot to either one. Is there something I missed? Any input is most appreciated.

That's really good to hear, this is infact sp1. I have an sp2 cd but it's currently lost and I thought I would just update, Thanks for the post! :)

Alright, now it's reading two drives at 240~ gigs with the same id number but which one should I partition? My thoughts i that I would only have one drive to partition is that wrong? When I try and format just one of them it says it's nfot a windows xp compativle partition.

Last edited:
Kind of, instead of using a floppy to do it (which kept corrupting on me) So I decided to can the floppy idea so I'm using my old hdd for windows (sp2) alone and using the raid 0 setup for everything else. I just set up the raid inside of windows using the Nforce4 platforms drivers and it worked like a charm. :) It would be nice to have windows on the raid 0 drives but I guess it's just not in the stars. I have all my games, documents and programs on the raid drives so I'm happy.

That sucks I have the same problem but I will not give up so easily. I am using a sp2 install and getting the same problem does any1 know how to fix this? The computer in ? is in sig.

I fixed my problem apparently I was using the wrong drivers floppy :shrug: Guess I should label my disks better for next time.

Back