• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first gaming pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SirPokemasterMD

I have just gotten my first pc and played some halo and was amazed. The tower is huge though and it sounds like a jet but I have UT2004 also and that is pretty sweet too. Also I have suddenly started to suck at the gamepad and used to play the Xbox for at least 5hrs a day and now I can not get used to it.

I use to be pretty good at halo 2 for the Xbox and played on my new pc for 2 days and missed the battle rifle so I played some xbc and I sucked so I will probally order the smart joy frag and play halo 2 with that.

or you could just get a good mouse, and play some fun games like CSS and ya know kill people :rolleyes:

castroman said:
or you could just get a good mouse, and play some fun games like CSS and ya know kill people :rolleyes:

YA MAN! Or you could go for some old school ownage and get call of duty 2 and pwn some noobs with old guns!

dude. come on. your playing FPS on a console? how can you even get used to that? its bloody difficult and not even fun! on the pc, there are more people, more fast paced, and better graphics!

Good to see you enjoyed your experience. :cool:

If you really want the experience get a Zboard its fun. I play with one but I play with the Normal keyset on it. I don't like consoles there horrible well atleast they suck after 2 years. I will be getting a PS3 but just so I can have my friends come over and have something to play on.

well right now i have the intellimouse from microsoft
will that work or should i buy another?

EDIT: the reason i am considering getting the smart joy frag is because i already bought a 12 month subscription and my dad bought that sony sxrd 60'' tv and would like to play halo 2 on that

darksparkz said:
BF2 and CS:S are great FPS games, take a shot at those and grab a nice mouse.

Good pun lol

BF2 is an awsome FPS! Gaming is far more fun and easier on a PC than it is on a console.

SirPokemasterMD said:
well right now i have the intellimouse from microsoft
will that work or should i buy another?

EDIT: the reason i am considering getting the smart joy frag is because i already bought a 12 month subscription and my dad bought that sony sxrd 60'' tv and would like to play halo 2 on that

an intelli mouse will work fine and when you find yourself 1337 you should get a razer mouse or a logitech mx or g series

cs:s is, hands down, the best. If you have the money get a good mouse/mousepad. I reccomend the razer copperhead and ANY fUnc surface 1030 mousepad.

SirPokemasterMD said:
I have just gotten my first pc and played some halo and was amazed. The tower is huge though and it sounds like a jet but I have UT2004 also and that is pretty sweet too. Also I have suddenly started to suck at the gamepad and used to play the Xbox for at least 5hrs a day and now I can not get used to it.

I use to be pretty good at halo 2 for the Xbox and played on my new pc for 2 days and missed the battle rifle so I played some xbc and I sucked so I will probally order the smart joy frag and play halo 2 with that.
Oh yeah! Welcome to the light ... playing FPS games with a console controller sux.

If you like Halo & UT2004 (2 of my favorites) you might want to check out Half Life2 also.

What are your system specs? - CPU, video card, motherboard, etc ... maybe we can help
you quiet down that JET and get the most performance from your system.

This is my fourth gaming pc.

First was a 350mhz AMD K-6, running 128mb of ram and a brand new Voodoo Banshee 3D. Oh my god, Star Wars Episode I Racer was godlike on that computer. And my 12 gig hard drive. Hell yes.

SirPokemasterMD said:
im not at my pc at the moment but i know i have 2 gbs of RAM, 3800+ AMD processor and a 7800 gt graphics card
It sounds like the 7800GT is the thing causing the noise. About a month ago I used a computer with a 7800GT and it was very loud, then last week I built a computer with the same processor and stuff, and the same fan arrangement, but the video card was a passively cooled X300SE, and just from that change the system wasn't even half as loud. I'd recommend buying some sort of aftermarket heatsink/fan for that video card to fix the noise.

the noise i think is coming from the fans because i did not buy that great of a fan so turned it up to full speed because of all the heat the card would make

The only way I can see someone preferring a controller over a mouse/keyboard for FPS is a person who either hasn't tried a mouse, or a person who only used a mouse once and isn't used to it. I used to be a big console FPS guy and sneered at the thought of using a mouse for that type of gaming, but now I absolutlely love it and can't even play most games with a controller any more. The keyboard/mouse combo is just so much more precise when it comes to shooters.

SirPokemasterMD said:
my dad bought that sony sxrd 60'' tv and would like to play halo 2 on that

haha, repwn.

Nice man, I'm not a console fan, but a 60" tv!! :drool: :eek:

I'd drag my computer out in to the living room when my parents aren't going to be home for a while and play on that.

I really can't even see how you would play a FPS on a console.

well i was think of buying a smart joy frag but i have not the slightest idea where to purchase it

if anyone knows please repost

EDIT:yes on the video 8 it say (PC) next to it and was wondering where would you hook the tower to the tv

Does that TV have dvi input ? if it does. Holy sh** !!!. O ya, get a mouse fool ! = ) They are so much better for gaming. I played halo 2 for the first time in like 6 months yesterday and I sucked so bad it was funny. I still somehow managed to place first on my team in team snipers (17 kills). The controller just felt so wrong .....

Back