• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling with zero case cutting (56k beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noxqzs

Its been such an upgrade marathon this past six months, that I realized I had enough parts to build a second pc. I got the motivation after buying the case at a local fair this past weekend. The pump is an mcp350 cooled by a BIX. The blocks are my own design. The cpu cooler is one of my oldest designs, and is partly made from silver. With a little minor dremel work, and some sheet metal from a local hardware store, I managed not to butcher the case at all.

4400x2
A8n-sli
1GB pc3200 XMS
nvidia 6200

right now Im at:

2.5GHz 1.45v (32*/40*C, ambient 30*C)
250x10, 2-3-3-5 (5/6 divider)

This is by far the quietest pc I have ever built. Besides the psu fans which are practically silent, there are only 2 120mm fans. (the one on the BIX is an AC fan that pushes 150cfm) I have had this cpu running at 2.7 on the same board, but not on the current psu(antec550 20pin). Hopefully a bargain somewhere will surface.

pic05.jpg

pic03.jpg

pic04.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic01.jpg

pic06.jpg

I like the way you mounted the rad. So simple yet I have not seen it done before.

yeah that a good way to install the rad... different, but technicaly the same as i did in my stacker.
Nice tubing harnesses.
One question, where is the pump? Maybe i am missing something, but how did you manage a 655 in two 3.5" bays?

Senater_Cache said:
yeah that a good way to install the rad... different, but technicaly the same as i did in my stacker.
Nice tubing harnesses.
One question, where is the pump? Maybe i am missing something, but how did you manage a 655 in two 3.5" bays?
its not the 655 but the 350... wish i could find a place that carries harreness/mount for a rad like that.. that would be a hell of lot easier then in fan holders in the case....

Well done. I like the way you mounted the rad, ive never seen a mount like that before. The wiring job is pretty nice too. Again, great job.

Back