• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power cable extension

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

Do to the size and design of my case i need an atx extension. right now i have one that is 20pin (female) to 24pin (male). the problem is that the mother board is 20pin really what i need is a 20pin to 20pin. i found one on the egg for $11 shipped and one on ebay for $6 shipped. being cheap i am looking at getting the one off ebay.... my question is should i just spend the extra money and get a better product?

i see no reason why the the ebay one wouldnt work the same for you. Its just an extender.

Be advised that all cable extensions are not the same. I have tried a bunch, and you get what you pay for. I have three sitting in a box because they don't work. I'd suggest you look around and find quality cables before you buy. Last ones I bought were from PCPower & Cooling, but I don't think they have them anymore. Here's one that worked OK for me...
http://www.mpja.com/directview.asp?product=15430+CB

I find that when it comes to cables, usually Startech is the company to buy from. Other than that, look up the actual company. Sometimes you can get a deal, other times you can get a load of...you know what.

Back