• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, Severe benchmark point drop??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dak9767

I recently went to w/c and in the process I killed one of my vid cards. I believe it was zapped with static electricity, I RMA'ed it and installed it a few days ago. Before w/c and killing my card, my 3D Mark score was 13,996 after installing the RMA'ed card my score is now 4,820. For some reason my score dropped over 9,000 points. Nothing was overclocked during the tests but I'm boggled by the severe drop in my score. Might anyone have any suggestions on the large drop of my score? Is there any kind of troubleshooting I can do?Thanks in advance for any help.

My specs:

AMD64 3500+
A8N SLI-Premium
2 x 6600GT's
1.5 G Corsair XMS

Last edited:
after you changed your card over did you reinstall the chipset driver and display driver ?

but did you uninstall the drivers and then reinstal them after you changed the card

But I've ran this memory since day one with no problems then after I killed my vid card and reinstalled it I've had horrible benchmarking scores. I'm curious if I may be having a problem with one of the pci-e slots but I don't know how to do any troubleshooting on the motherboard to rule that out.

bench the cards one @ a time and see how each card dose on its own

this will tell us if one is stronger then the other

Back