• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help adjusting my overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

ok so first off i know my gaming rig is old but this rig was built to hold me over till i can afford to upgrade to ryzen. aside from the new in box 1660Ti the mobo cpu and ram were all given to me by my uncle when he upgraded to a new pc.

anyhow i was able to get my xeon X5675 prime95 blend test 18 hours stable the temps leveled out at around 71c on my 360mm aio id love to get her to 4.5 or even 4.6 which i know the X5675 can do but if i go any higher then my current settings windows 10 will blue screen

can someone please look at the pix below and help me figure out what settings i should adjust the only gripe i have with my motherboard is you have to enter the overclock value manually for each setting meaning you cant select a value from a drop down list like you can on most overclocking mobo's

heres a link to the mobo i have https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P6T6_WS_Revolution/

im ok with keeping my current overclock if you guys think that is best for me my only issue with my current overclock is i dont think my qpi speed or my ram speed are as fast as they could be also i read a few over clock guides on the net that got me to my current overclock thanks for your time

if you think anything needs to be adjusted let me know and also let me know what setting i should use for said thing that needs to be adjusted

lastly if it matters i get a cinebench R15 CPU score of 964

just not sure what to adjust to either get the current overclock stable with faster ram speeds or to get a much higher overclock

IMG_20190703_142828.jpg IMG_20190703_142857.jpg IMG_20190703_142906.jpg IMG_20190703_142934.jpg IMG_20190703_142934.jpg IMG_20190703_142947.jpg IMG_20190703_143115.jpg IMG_20190703_143146.jpg IMG_20190703_143153.jpg cpuid.png

Last edited:
I think the guides all tell you to keep that gen cpu under 90C for stress testing (look in our guide and confirm that value). And that's typically with something more stressful on the cpu than the blend test in p95 (not that hard on the cpu... more for ram/system testing, small fft is for CPU specifically reading the options). You have some headroom if that is going to be your method, small fft will be 10C+ higher.

Voltage already seems a bit high, but you know the name of the game... raise bclk to raise clocks, raise voltage as needed (at a very high level). If you get 90c stress testing, you're done. I would not go much over 1.5V though for daily driving. Again though, keep an eye on the ram speed as raising bclk (that xeon isn locked, right?).

As far as settings go for ram and qpi, that will vary per system and needs to be tweaked. Just a glance at your settings you'll need to lower the ram ratio to its lowest to give you headroom.. Let me look them up and drop the link.....

Edit: Follow this to isolate the clock domains and do it right.. :)

https://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/

Give it a try and ask some questions. It seems like a lot, and it can be, but read it.....twice.... maybe 3 times and give it a go.

I can tell you I have no idea how much more that workstation class board has left in bclk...or how far you can overclock so much ram (I hope you can use close to all of it or it's a waste) and that qpi. You're up against a few walls and im not sure 100-200mhz is worth it performance wise....but would be fun to tweak. :)

Last edited:
I think the guides all tell you to keep that gen cpu under 90C for stress testing (look in our guide and confirm that value). And that's typically with something more stressful on the cpu than the blend test in p95 (not that hard on the cpu... more for ram/system testing, small fft is for CPU specifically reading the options). You have some headroom if that is going to be your method, small fft will be 10C+ higher.

Voltage already seems a bit high, but you know the name of the game... raise bclk to raise clocks, raise voltage as needed (at a very high level). If you get 90c stress testing, you're done. I would not go much over 1.5V though for daily driving. Again though, keep an eye on the ram speed as raising bclk (that xeon isn locked, right?).

As far as settings go for ram and qpi, that will vary per system and needs to be tweaked. Just a glance at your settings you'll need to lower the ram ratio to its lowest to give you headroom.. Let me look them up and drop the link.....

Edit: Follow this to isolate the clock domains and do it right.. :)

https://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/

Give it a try and ask some questions. It seems like a lot, and it can be, but red it.....twice.... maybe 3 times and give it a go.

I can tell you I have no idea how much more that workstation class board has left in bclk...or how far you can overclock so much ram (I hope you can use close to all of it or it's a waste) and that qpi. You're up against a few walls and im not sure 100-200mhz is worth it performance wise....but would've fun to tweak. :)

correct cpu has a locked multi i may just keep it as is and wait till i can upgrade to ryzen

You can likely get there... but it's going to take effort on your end to tweak things and figure out your system and how to tweak it. Cookie cutter settings, especially since you are already overclocked, won't really work since you are towards the limit of things.

Also, update your sig with current components so it's easily available. :)

Edit: you should be able to get that ram speed up. Its rated to 1600 and you are at 1175??? That's a lot of ram for the platform, but I'd imagine at least 1333 to 1600 is in the cards.... give the ram section a look and give it a whirl. :)

Last edited:
If you want to get your qpi, uncore, and mem speed up, you will probably have to ditch some of those 48gb, like half to start. Or maybe not, I haven't run that much ram before. But instead of leaving it on auto, I would try to get the ram close to stock speed or a little faster. Read the guide, and adjust accordingly, its a good board.

I needed 1.35v for 4.3 on my 5675.
23x187 and I was tapping 80c on air.
Back down your vcore and start your OC again. Even though you may be able to cool it, needless overvoltage will make you unstable too.
It is a good board. The board isn't the issue.

I needed 1.35v for 4.3 on my 5675.
23x187 and I was tapping 80c on air.
Back down your vcore and start your OC again. Even though you may be able to cool it, needless overvoltage will make you unstable too.
It is a good board. The board isn't the issue.

how low should i go on my vcore

how low should i go on my vcore
Gonna have to play with it. :)
I would probably start at 1.35v and see how far you get with that. Once you're in the 1.4v range, your OC will probably be done.........unless you want to get into sub ambient cooling.

Gonna have to play with it. :)
I would probably start at 1.35v and see how far you get with that. Once you're in the 1.4v range, your OC will probably be done.........unless you want to get into sub ambient cooling.
SHe;s showing 1.41V and hitting 72C in P95 blend. She has some headroom if that is her test, no?

Its tough to say, I've had mine hot before, well over 90 and it was fine, and I have also seen it freak out in the mid 80s.. I would say that would depend on qpi/uncore with how much heat it can take..

Edit: IIRC it shut off at 105c, and my 3770k did the same at 107.. wonder why my stuff doesn't work right :confused:

Edit again:

Lol it does most of the time..

Last edited:
SHe;s showing 1.41V and hitting 72C in P95 blend. She has some headroom if that is her test, no?
Quick look showed me 92c. :shock:
Need better glasses..........or less medication. lol
Thanks for the correction.

Back