• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is the xfx 6800gs a good choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bamaboy

im about to order somemore parts for my computer, i have already ordered some of it and here im about to order 350$ more now so i was looking at this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150118
its overclocked from the factory so i still get the warranty, and from what ive heard and seen from reviews its a real solid card i didnt want to spend over 200 on one and this was 199 about a week ago when i found it and ive looked at it through the week now its 189 so better for me

im going to order this(190$) my raidmax case(100) my dvd rom(23$) and a floppy(10$)

now i just have to order pentium d 920, asus p5ld2, 250gb hdd, Psu, DVD rw, windows xp media center, and norton

From my personal expierience, the XFX series cards are beasts. I've had several, last one was the 6600GT and she clocked in @ 570/1200 with stock cooling.

Hard to believe a company like Pine went down in flames, changes it's name to XFX and come back strong with great products. You won't be disapointed :)

I have an XFX with nothing to complain about, eVGA is also a good choice, many have got great clocks from their cards. But when you start to ask questions like which brand will have the best clock the answer is that its a mostly hit or miss for any brand.

I bought that very card about a week ago and it runs like a champ. I was able to OC it up to 500/1200 and play HL2 Lost Coast with everything on high without a problem. Benchmarks great and with Riva Tuner you can lower the fan speed to a reasonable volume without hurting the temps too bad.

After all the research I did, the 6800GS is the best for the money and the XFX has been great.

Back