• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Radiators

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xCarne_Asada

Which would you get the Black Ice 2 that has 3/8" fittings, and supports dual 120mm fans

or

Danger Den Super Cube 3/8"or 1/2" fittings with one 120mm

I am looking for better cooling, sound doesnt bother me either.

I would use the (super) cube with 2 YS-tech fans- one pushing air through and one on the other side pulling air out

I'd go with the Blackice II with 1/2" fittings. It's at least equal to the Cube but takes up less case space. For fans, Panaflo H1A or U1A for best airflow.

voodoo- you bring up a good point about case space, I'm rather used to my fulltower and forgot most people have mids =P. I would like to see how all these radiators do against one another.

Voodoo Rufus said:
I'd go with the Blackice II with 1/2" fittings. It's at least equal to the Cube but takes up less case space. For fans, Panaflo H1A or U1A for best airflow.
How would I make the Black Ice 2 1/2" fittings

I think you can order them. I ordered my Blackice with 1/2" fittings. If you can't, it might be good to look into it if it's important to you.

Voodoo Rufus said:
I think you can order them. I ordered my Blackice with 1/2" fittings. If you can't, it might be good to look into it if it's important to you.

where did you order yours from?

I ordered mine from overclock-watercool. I didn't see the 1/2" mod on their website for the blackice II yet, but I think it's worth looking into.

don't believe everything you read, particularly from vendors

dissipation vs flow.jpg

the above with air flow set at a static backpressure of 0.05 in.H2O
(the complete article should be up in a week or so)

be cool

EDIT: Correction, should be Btus/hr

Last edited:
Back