• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help, Is this a problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metloaf

I just about finished a custom case featured in the link below my sig. The question is that, I just installed my mobo a DFI Lanparty UT nf4 Ultra D, the brass standoffs that I have are kind of short and do not let the mobo touch the motherboard tray except in 1 spot...on the back at the underside of the CPU retaining plate that is made out of plastic. ...so will this plastic on metal contact be a problem or do I need to get longer standoofs or should I just cut out the back side of the mobo tray? I just do not want to power up and short eveything out if I can avoid it. Thanks fro the feedback. :eh?:

If you do not have longer stand off's.....Go to home depot, wal-mart, TARGET (My Employer!!!!!) and get some kitchen shelf lining plastic stuff. The brand name is Contact Paper, I think. Put this stuff, it is self adhesive, on the mobo tray where the contact is happening. use 2, 3, or 4 layers to be safe. It will prevent any chance of shorting out.

Thanks for the info, that seems like a pretty simple solution. I posted this question on DFI streets forums as well and they seamed to be more concerned about the brass standoff locations more than anything. I know that those are fine, I drilled them myself and then tapped and threaded them and secured the standoffs, they also match perfectly with the mounted mobo. They did not think the plastic contact was an issue, but I will probably put something under just in case. Thanks again for the response. :cool:

No problem. Glad to help in any way I can...................

Back