• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, me diagnose my video issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Powered

Okay, I already emailed EVGA to see if they have a fix for the problem I've been experiencing.

About a week ago, I noticed that sometimes when I boot into Windows, and run a benchmark I would get good scores, while other times upon boot, I get ****ty scores.

Weird thing is if I get ****ty scores, the scores stay consistent no matter how many times I run the benchmark, and I run several benchmarks to confirm. Same thing applies when I get a good score.

In Aquamark in a good boot, I would get 104,000 - on a bad boot I would get 86,000. Thats a BIG difference.

I ruled out "thermal" throttling, because I'm water cooled, and no matter how many times I run the benchmark, sometimes 10-20 minutes in between the scores will be almost exactly the same.

I ruled out power issue because I just replaced my old PSU with the OCZ Modstream 520W - and the problem still occurs.

Do you guys think it is a motherboard issue? or a memory issue?

:bang head

When was the last time you installed your OS? I had a similiar problem where I'd load up XP and get like 8k in 3dmark 01. Then I'd play a game for 5 mins and the bench 10k. Strange problem, only went away when I wiped XP and did a fresh install.

I think it might be software as well.

I installed XP a few weeks ago. I had to "upgrade" another XP on top of the original install, I'm hopeing that is not the case.

Back