• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extend Battery Life Automatically?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cademichaels

Hey I just bought a Compaq(HP) Presario v2565US to replace my broken Piece of S* Toshiba however I am missing a few little toys my Toshiba had and was wondering if anyone knew of any tools that did the same thing.

1- Advanced Power Management software: This gave me the ability to Clock DOWN my processor when I was running on battery if I wanted. And Automatically set up seperate Schemes for the hibernation settings, screen brightness, etc.

2- Automatic Network Configuration tool (ConfigFree) : This automatically changed my network settings dependant on the SSID. So for example when it found my home network it would lower the firewall security and map several drives, when I connected to the college WiFi it blocked every port.

Any ideas? I know this forum is for overclockers but basically I am looking for a tool to UnderClock. Oh BTW its an "AMD Turion" which has the PowerNow! Technology. However this software automatically boosts my CPU dynamically which is nice because my computer runs pretty fast on battery but kinda defeats the purpose I think. I would like the ability to Manually Control the speed :bang head :bang head

I'd suggest using the search option to get more Info....

Here's something to get started tho.

Google RMClock and get the latest version it should give you something close to what you had before and it will allow you to underclock and undervolt the processor.

For wireless. I'd suggest getting the config utility that's for your card specifically. The window's one BLOWS.

List specs of you laptop so it's easier to get help.

Back