• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMA history with BBA cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobxMcCarthy

Anyone have any experience RMA-ing BBA cards? I had a problem with an X850 and RMA-ed it. I also had a dead 9800 that was still covered.. So I just RMA-ed that as well. I have the original heatsinks for both installed.

Does anyone have any history with Built by ATI RMA's IE failed RMA's reasons, successful rmas?

I'm basically looking for some reassurance that they will indeed repair or replace a problem that was NOT my doing.

RobxMcCarthy said:
Anyone have any experience RMA-ing BBA cards? I had a problem with an X850 and RMA-ed it. I also had a dead 9800 that was still covered.. So I just RMA-ed that as well. I have the original heatsinks for both installed.

Does anyone have any history with Built by ATI RMA's IE failed RMA's reasons, successful rmas?

I'm basically looking for some reassurance that they will indeed repair or replace a problem that was NOT my doing.

I just RMAed my X850 XT today. I'm RMAing for a non-working DVI output. This will be my first ATI RMA.

Same here, the X850 seems to have a couple quality control issues. The 9800's were tanks in comparison.

From what I've heard, ATi has a very lenient RMA policy. If you guys had problems that weren't your doing, you'll definitely be compensated.

Not i but a frined of mine had an issue when he RMAed his 9800. had to do it 3 times before they realized it was the video out port thatwas the issue (which was the reason for every time he sent it in). However, if you are canadian, they are apparently the best for RMA as cards go. Mainly because you can send it to near toronto rather than some place in cali.. or taiwan...

Their RMA location was actually in New York. Which is relatively close to me (Massachusetts). Just did overnight shipping.

RobxMcCarthy said:
Their RMA location was actually in New York. Which is relatively close to me (Massachusetts). Just did overnight shipping.

No, I meant that, in Canada, when you are RMAing, it generally sucks.

Like for instance, when I was trying to RMA my Sapphire card, Sapphire wanted me to sendm y card down to cali, with tracking, inssurance, delivery confirmation, as well as a 15 USD money order in the box for their services... and my card was STILL under warranty.

I get this kind of experience with ASUS too. While it isn't as bad, I still have to send it down to California and it is expensive to send motherboards.

But with ATI, canadians are in the clear because the depot is usually in Markam, Ontario. Since it is a canadian company, we reap the benefits.

I shipped my x850 to NY and they got it 2/02/06. I just recieved a new one today that was shipped from TX. Everything works great. Any other updates?

I RMAed a dead BBA 8500LE, and had a new one back within two weeks.

Back