• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cool n' Quiet, where to disable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuddrucker

Registered
Hi all,

Sorry for a possible stupid question but where do you disable Cool n' Quiet? I can't find it anywhere. All I can find on my system is the AMD Driver, the folder it is in, and there is nothing about Cool n' Quiet in my bios. I am just trying to figure out if I even have it installed. When I setup my system the Nvidia disk that came with my board said it installed Cool n' Quiet, and when I put the disk in the deive it says it is installed but damned if I can find it anywhere. :shrug:

Thanks, and sorry for the rant.

...Fudd

It is somewhere in the BIOS on my mobo... but I can't check it right now since I'm running Prime95. If you haven't gotten an answer from someone else in a little while, I'll reboot and check for you.

not sure about your board but on my board when you go to cpu configuration it has DRAM configuration
hyper transport multiplier
cool-n-quiet
thats how it is on my board if i remember correctly, yours will probably differ though

You could uninstall the AMD processor driver. It's of no use if you don't use C'n'Q.

btw. What's so bad about C'n'Q?

Back