• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to try WoW but dont want to pay $50 to see if I like it. Any suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I want to try WoW but dont want to pay $50 to see if I like it. Any suggestions?

I am on a Direcway internet connection and dont want to pay $50 for WoW and a membership only to find out that my connection ruins the game or that I just dont care for the game. I have heard of trial subscriptions to the game that let you try the game out for 14 days, but I either cannot find these or the ones that I have found are close to $20 after shipping. Any suggestions, or does anybody have one of these trials that I can use?

Don't waste the time. You'll spend all of your free time collecting berries and ****. That sounds like real fun to me.

TUK101 said:
I am on a Direcway internet connection and dont want to pay $50 for WoW and a membership only to find out that my connection ruins the game or that I just dont care for the game. I have heard of trial subscriptions to the game that let you try the game out for 14 days, but I either cannot find these or the ones that I have found are close to $20 after shipping. Any suggestions, or does anybody have one of these trials that I can use?

with dway u get about 950 ping which is... managable on that game its just you really do have to learn to predict the locations of things and whatnot

I tried gamespy and the trial is over. Of coarse they waited to let me know that till after I had to dl all of their crap and go through all of the signup bs. Oh well, it looks like WoW is out of the question for me. It just seems like the kind of game that I could get into.

I have a better suggestion: Just buy the game. If you think you'll like it, you probably will. I wanted to try it first but I couldn't find any way to try it without buying it, so I just bought it. If you don't like it, just sell the game on ebay. Check out the WoW website. The game guides and info sections have everything you could possibly want to know. The more I read it, the more I wanted to play. If you do buy it, join the OCG guild. We rock!
http://www.overclockedgamerz.com

Back