• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

teh.rui

Registered
So I built my first system about a month ago and didnt think too hard about what case to get and got some cheapo case. I now regret it after seeing how crappy the cooling is. Ive been looking at this Lian-Li and had a few questions.

Heres the case im looking to get:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112085

Does anyone on here have any pics of a setup with this case? I'd like to see how all the parts fit inside.

Heres my system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
1GB Corsair XMS (2x512)
eVGA 7800GT

I have a second 7800GT that im waiting to put in but i'd like to get a new case first.

And heres the current case I have, yeah its messy but it was during the build. Should I have any problems fitting my current parts into that Lian-Li case?

Thanks in advance.

PS - first post. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3228.jpg
    IMG_3228.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 86
Thanks.

One more question, the CDROM cover on the case, when I install my DVDRW drive does it hide behind that cover or will I have to remove the cover leaving the drive visible?

teh.rui said:
Thanks.

One more question, the CDROM cover on the case, when I install my DVDRW drive does it hide behind that cover or will I have to remove the cover leaving the drive visible?
You have to remove the cover, than you slide the drive in and lock it into place, leaving the front of it exposed.

LordDarik said:
You have to remove the cover, than you slide the drive in and lock it into place, leaving the front of it exposed.

I know that you usually remove those covers. But on the case this one has like a little flip and a button, could I hide the drive behind it or is it the same as the other covers? Heres a pic of what im talking about:

1004.jpg

can i put it behind the top cover?

i'd like to get the silver one, but if my drive is going to be exposed i'd mind as well get the black one.

teh.rui said:
I know that you usually remove those covers. But on the case this one has like a little flip and a button, could I hide the drive behind it or is it the same as the other covers? Heres a pic of what im talking about:

1004.jpg

can i put it behind the top cover?

i'd like to get the silver one, but if my drive is going to be exposed i'd mind as well get the black one.
Ok, I see what you mean. That is alot like the Coolermaster Centurion 532, you put the drive behind that flap and when you press the eject button the tray will pop through the cover. So yes, you do put it behind the top cover, leaving the drive itself unexposed.

Back