• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help detecting a SATA drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thegreek

Hi, a friend of mine brought over his computer so I can do a reformat, so I get his winxp cd and start it up and after it loads all the drivers it says the computer did not detect any hard drives. The hard drive is a Mator SATA I drive. So I say it needs the F6 sata drivers. So I tell him if he has any floppy disc, he says he doesn't have ANY discs.

So I look up his MB and it's a Foxconn (here is the extact model)

When I go to the drivers section they have "Raid Drivers", he only has 1 sata so I tried some driver and most of them don't work, I went to Silicon Image's website and tried their 3112 drivers and they didn't work. There are so many different drivers on the foxconn site.

Can someone point me to which drivers to try out becuase I have no idea what to do with him. This is why people should save their floppy disc or at least save the drivers somewhere :bang head

Hmmm, don't most (maybe all?) hard drives ship with the correct drivers on a floppy? You might look up the manufacturer's site and see if you can get the drivers there. Best of luck.

If it is a NF4 mobo, it needs two NVraid driver. You can dowload from nvdia.com or from any other mobo website like Abit.

mdameron said:
Hmmm, don't most (maybe all?) hard drives ship with the correct drivers on a floppy? You might look up the manufacturer's site and see if you can get the drivers there. Best of luck.

They all come with one but he lost it. I've added the manufacturer's site with the MB but need help choosing the right ones.

josh478 said:
its probably dead, its a maxtor after all...

Wow dude.

Anyway, OP, get the model number off the HD and/or mobo... and google for SATA drivers for the model numbers. You'll know by how many results you get. Copy to a floppy.

I don't know if you need HD drivers or Mobo drivers, as I've not gone sata yet for this reason you're experiencing. Google is your friend.

Good luck! :)

Back