• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking intel pentium m 750 1.86ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snowboardin58

hi, I would like to know if anybody can help me. I will list my setup. First, can anyone tell me if they have a similar setup? ok, now for the goodies!

a-data pc3200 ddr400 2 gigs 2 1gb sticks 3-4-4-8
asus p4p800-e deluxe
intel pentium m 750 533fsb chip
asus ct-479 adapter from socket 478
nvidia geforce-4 graphics card-latest drivers

i stopped using ai booster when i got the m, partially because i have jus gotten(~word?) errors. however, I am not entirely sure on how to overclock everything via my bios, I am not sure where the clock multiplier is and what to set the fsb to since there are two options and AUTO mode. It would be great and very appreciated if anone could le me know where to start at. Thanks a lot guys!!!

usually intel chips do not have an unlocked mulitplier. you need to up the FSB in the bios, and mess around with your mem timings.

would Ineed to mach the memory's fsb? what cold I try as far ad memory timings go..3-4-4-8, change some down? any help is appreciated! thanks! says 133 on chips fsb

Dothans should have multipliers though...

Check the Dothan sticky. IIRC there is a bunch of info about different settings. Many, many people have gone before you.

im not familiar with dothans, so they might have an unlocked multi...

and ideally(this isnt always true) but you would like to get your FSB:Dram ratio to 1:1 which means that your fsb and ram are running at the same speeds. but a 2:3 or 3:4 isnt bad either. its when you get a 4:3 or 5:4 that you ideally wouldnt want.

the 750 has a default multi of 14 but is unlocked downwards. i suggest trying it with 13 for starters. with the fsb at 200 and the ram running 1:1 thats a nice 2.6ghz - a good starting place for some dothan clocking...... :cool:

you'll probably need to up the cpu vcore voltage to at least 1.4v to get it stable at 2.6.....

marc2003 said:
the 750 has a default multi of 14 but is unlocked downwards. i suggest trying it with 13 for starters. with the fsb at 200 and the ram running 1:1 thats a nice 2.6ghz - a good starting place for some dothan clocking...... :cool:

you'll probably need to up the cpu vcore voltage to at least 1.4v to get it stable at 2.6.....

I needed 1.5V :( for 2.6GHz. I suggest taking it to 1.6V then lowering it till you find it stable.

problem is

that I cannot access my mult..just plain willnot let me access this..help please! new bios?

dl the newest bios for you board and try it... if not and you feel like tring you need to get the P4p800-SE bios for multi change then... need to use afdos.exe in dos to flash with the 800-se bios.

Back