• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget computer for <450$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

I'm thinking about building a new computer that will hopefully be better than the one in my sig. I need a CPU, Motherboard, and GPU all for under $450. I'm thinking about 6800GS or X800GTO2, Opteron 146 or Pentium D 920, but not sure about motherboard. Any help is appreciated.

You're also going to need some better RAM as well. Sorry but $450 isnt going to get you into a dual-core setup considering the parts you need. Stick with a single core amd64.

That video card you want, is around $200 dollars, no?

I'm going through kinda the same thing, I needed a new motherboard/cpu/video combo. My budget was $500, and I ended up spending just past $600 including a nice HSF. How about this:

DFI NF4 Ultra-D: $130
6800GS: $200
Opteron 146: $215

You could go with a 6800NU for ~$150 and 3200+ Venice for $170 if you were trying to stay closer to your budget. That would put you at $450. I would spend the extra money for the Opteron though, they overclock like crazy.

I agree with planoser, your going to want some DDR400 or better. You don't *need* it to run the board obviously, but it'll just slow you down otherwise.

Back