• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Powerstream 600wattSLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dominick32

Senior Solid State Aficionado
I just ordered this PSU from Newegg.
Is this PSU worthy of my rig? Any comments or suggestions as far as adjustments go on the back?

Thanks.
Dom

It should work fine, but most would opt for the 520SLI for the fact that the 520 is a single rail PSU.

I have mine running my rig just fine... I can't say i have ever seen drops significant drops (12.15 stock-12.05 load) on my voltages which have been all tested under load and multimeter... I have never had 2 video cards with here but with 2 dvd drives 2 hard drives a 6800 ultra and my opty 150 and I have never had power problems with her. And they look really snazzy with that glossy finish.

I actually decided on ordering the 520watt single rail powerstream. I plan on running an SLI rig in the future and wanted the single rail benefit. After having about 5 or 6 people in the ATI forum talk me out of the 600 I finally made up my mind today.

Dom

get the OCZ 520 powerstream. If your going to spend more for a PSU then get the 510 PC power and cooling, other wise get the 520 powerstream the 600 powerstream has split rails and is a POS compared to the 520..

dont let the "600" fool you

if your plannning to go X_fire you'l need a 850 pc power and cooling lol

dominick32 said:
I actually decided on ordering the 520watt single rail powerstream. I plan on running an SLI rig in the future and wanted the single rail benefit. After having about 5 or 6 people in the ATI forum talk me out of the 600 I finally made up my mind today.

Dom

Good choice. Like rattle said...if you have the loot go for PC P&C, but if not the OCZ will do what you want.

my 520w powerstream is teh sweet. although i just picked up a pc p&c for $140 shipped :) :) ;) that im gonna compare it with and build my 2nd rig :). uber l337 warranties on both

Back