• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

128MB GeForce 6800 AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blurry

Just got myself a new one of these today- popped it in, plugged in the additional power, and installed 81.98.

2D is fine, but 3D has problems. I only have a few games installed at the moment, and I tried them all out before noting that there may be a problem with this card.
  • green smoke coming from exhaust or tires, greenish tint on street lights at night in GTA San Andreas (performance is smooth though)
  • small white specks all over CS : S (performance also great here)
  • extremely choppy performance playing the sailing, timbury, and nalu demos

All quality/performance/overclocking settings were left alone in the display properties. Haven't attempted to unlock any pipes, but RivaTuner shows the correct amount of pipes activated. I validated the cache files of CS : S and that changed nothing. Any ideas? :confused:

Sounds like that card is artifacting and giving you "snow," this usually happens when the memory and core clock are set too high. I would check to make sure the heatsink is properly attached and maybe take it off and put some AS5 on the GPU. Are you sure this card isn't overclocked at all?

It was 67C running rthdribl for a minute with no settings changed. I also took HL2 for a run- it exhibited the same white specks.

Well, I tried Omega drivers too before finally taking it out. It exhibited an even worse problem- upon my first restart since installing the card, the bootscreen windows logo had a small blue streak over it and the "progress" bar outline was not normal. After logging into windows, it would cause the screen to go out every 5 seconds.

Back