• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what are required to RMA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

if i bought a ram(patriot lifetime warranty) here in classified and later it cr@ps out, what are required to RMA the ram?

so they get errors on memtest or define 'crap out'? i didnt see where it said you had to have original receipt, lifetime warranty shouldnt require a date of purchase

try it and let us know what they say. if not then go to frys or somewhere and buy a matching set, then swap out the sticks and return the bad ones and they will rma them.

zeimbo said:
try it and let us know what they say. if not then go to frys or somewhere and buy a matching set, then swap out the sticks and return the bad ones and they will rma them.
:rolleyes: way to rip off the system. no wonder prices are going up :bang head

DvBoard said:
:rolleyes: way to rip off the system. no wonder prices are going up :bang head

I wouldn't say that's really ripping off the system. When the other set die, he's buggered on that set. Plus, as long as didn't break the conditions of warranty, it was a faulty product. Patriot sells another set of DIMMS and a pair that was faulty gets fixed. Honestly, who's getting screwed over here?

THE JEW (RaVeN) said:
I wouldn't say that's really ripping off the system. When the other set die, he's buggered on that set. Plus, as long as didn't break the conditions of warranty, it was a faulty product. Patriot sells another set of DIMMS and a pair that was faulty gets fixed. Honestly, who's getting screwed over here?
they don't sell another set though, not if he returns the first faulty set.

Yeah they do, cause returns, especially at big stores, just get sent back to the manufacturer. Theres no way best buy can individually test each returned product themselves. Thats the manufacturers job anyway. Its the manufacturer's responsibility to give the stores working products. If something is faulty, thats the manufacturer's problem, not BB's.

yea, not only that but frys know that they sell bad/refurbished products. literally 40-70% of frys entire inventory is refurbished. they can sell a lot of it as new due to a loophole in the law but they usually dont ask many questions because they know whats up. they just rma it tho. prices arent high, theyve been the lowest in years especially memory and hdd prices.

*edit*- they dont lose any money tho when they rma it, plus you know that their prices are really high so they can afford to lose a little to the little guys and for customer satisfaction :)

what i meant was what if it messes up later, that what i was worry about because im not sure how the warranty works.

Back