• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VSFTPD Configuration questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donciakas

Hi, i installed and configured my vsftpd. But i need to change the default directory to other partition (vfat) and can't find out by googling how to do that. it would be nice if someone could help me. For thanx i'll give u my ftp adress with some music in it ;)
P.S.
default dir is /home/ftp
and need to change it to the directory
/media/data/ftp

change it in your /etc/passwd
It's the home directory of the ftpd account
For the future: don't give out mp3 accounts. It's against forum rules and the law

ok, my fault...... some of my friend adviced me to do
usermod -d /directory/i/need ftp
cause there is allowed anonymous, and anonymous account in vsftpd is like ftp account. It changed the main directory of ftp account and it worked. Thanks anyway trying to help me;)

damn..... i copied vsftpd.conf i had... but that daemon doesn't launch the ftp server.... i've tried /etc/init.d/vsftpd start/stop/restart
but it didn't work.... has anyone ideas whereis the problem? after restarting pc i didn't work anymore, tried reinstalling it, but also didn't help :(

check your /etc/inetd.conf or whatevre controls your internet super daemon. Also the executable is of course /usr/sbin/vsftpd or similar. not a .conf file, that's the config only

Back