• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some custom front panel ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maviryk

I don't know what to do with my front panel, the mesh is kinda just... there... any thoughts? I'm going to start filling the inside with red cathodes, but not too sure how to improve the font panel... it looks... well, it was designed to perform, not for looks, any suggestions?

It's performing as intended now, so I'm wanting looks. Thoughts? Design improvments?

nodesk7bp.jpg

I've never found out if my HD activity light works or not, I'm using Sata RAID0 for my boot drive. I was thinking about putting some blue LED strips behind it though. So I should paint it black?

Yea, but I'm wary about CCFL inverters though. My roommate had a bad one and when he accidentally touched it it shorted out and shut down his rig.

I think you can go two ways with it...
Paint it black to blend it in
Revel in the contrast and make matching panels to stealth your CD's and cover your empty bays.

For lighting, I wouldn't put CCFL's behind there, too much direct light into the room. However there is EL Tape and EL Wire that glows much more softly and runs at a lower power too.

BTW, nice job shaping that panel...looks like it belongs there.

So something like this?

fullgrille6rw.jpg

That's more of a door, too much of a PITB to stealth.

Shaping it wasn't that hard, it's made from aluminum and was supposed to be used for car front end scoops (think rice burners.)

Hmmm. That's alot of silver. I could grow to like it, but maybe it does need some color on it.

You could mess around with Photoshop to change colors on the pic before you start slinging' paint...that's a good way to save yourself some grief (and trips to buy paint) :D .

I think it looks nice, but the silver is too much as ƒÓÒl had said. Personally I think it would look nice with either all black to match case (maybe too bland looking in the end tho) or maybe a grayish looking finish or something less shiny and less contrasting to the black.

You could paint it orange....but if you do put green or blue cathodes in it...not red. And if you use green, throw in a few purple accents.

Back