• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are you using to monitor temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randalthas

Registered
Motherboard Monitor defunked some time ago. What are you guys using now days to monitor your system and cpu temps? I am using NVMonitor that comes with the drivers, but I have not had enough experience with it yet to fully trust it. One reason I am scepticle is that the NVMonitor does not reflect my voltage changes, it always says VCore is 1.45.

I'm using the nTune software from nVidia, apparently from what I've read, it's the ONLY one that seems to work regularly with the Infinity boards, which is what I've got. I'm not too sure, though, it shows me in the mid-high 20s idle and mid-high 30s under load. I've got good airflow and only low 20s ambient in my office though, so maybe it's correct, or at least close enough that I can get a good idea.

Ntune for it's monitor function here also, its nice to use for its temp logging
feature. Play game, check log file for cpu, gpu, and system temp. :)

I personally like Motherboard Monitor the best. The display is very unobtrusive and you can customize it to show only the temps/voltages/clockspeeds that you want. It even shows the video card GPU temp, GPU speed, and video RAM speed as well. Here's a screenie I took (after testing my HDDs). You can see my MBM display on the lower left.

hdtachandattoon4x74gbraptors1f.jpg

If you need help configuring it for a DFI board, check here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6798

I find Speedfan to be nice and easy on all my boards. It displays case temp in the system tray when minimized too.

@Randalthas - I'm partial to MBM5 as well.
Certainly the easiest to customize and it uses the fewest resources.
If you need help with setup, PM phone number and I'll give you a call.

Revivalist said:
Unfortunately SpeedFan causes the DFI Expert to crash immediately. It's not even a reboot. It's a full system shut off.

ouch... :(

But i have been using MBM5 for a few months now and i love it. I am going to try to see what the other programs people are using are like.

Back