• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mac Osx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No.....well maybe....well it depends if some has a hacked version yet. Now that they have it written for X86 it is only a matter of time before you can find a version that will run on your PC.

I believe so, I'll need to get more information, but someone at work says that he has a version that will work on his Intel PC. I'll ask him for more details. :)

You can, yet not really.
It's a lil' complicated.
Basically Apple has leaked over the internet the x86 version, but only the developper's version. Meaning this version is a different Build number than the regular Version, and can not be upgraded, or patched. Ect...

You can't buy OSx without a new MAC machine. It only is sold OEM with a MAC computer only.

So you can run it, but it's fairly useless as an OS you'll use everyday.
Simply to take a peek at it it's fine, but nothing more than that.

Well Snice 10.4.4 final is out and has been cracked. Look around on bittorent sites, please don't ask as I will not give any links. I think with the switch Apple has created a little issue. I for one like Mac OS it runs and flows very well. I be intrested in dual booting to see whats like, but do not expect driver support ect.... :santa:

Anyway, its all difficult, Apple have 2gigs of flash memory on the x86models to encode-decode mac, they really don't want us to boot it. :(

The new x86 macs also have no bios as they use EFI. Thats causing problems with Windows being installed on the new Macs.

Last edited:
OsX 10.4.5 working flawlessy on a "beige-box" :p4 - i845gv
no more difficult than installing a Gentoo stage2...
:santa:
peace...
DS_73

Attachments

• 1045-b.jpg
    1045-b.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 137
Where there is a will. There is a way.

"Your karma check for today:
There once was a user that whined
his existing OS was so blind,
he'd do better to pirate
an OS that ran great
but found his hardware declined.
Please don't steal Mac OS!
Really, that's way uncool.
(C) Apple Computer, Inc."

Courtesy of Maxxuss and OSx86 Project.

dark_schneider said:
OsX 10.4.5 working flawlessy on a "beige-box" :p4 - i845gv
no more difficult than installing a Gentoo stage2...
:santa:
peace...
DS_73

Yeah... you just forgot to mention that installing a Gentoo stage2 is hell in and of itself... haha.

TollhouseFrank said:
guys... MacOS IS on x86!!!

have you all seen the CoreDuo commercials yet? Apple OS is out and using the Intel CoreDuo CPU (lappies)
Uh, iMac Core Duo is a non-x86-architecture-compliant system (it uses Extensible Firmware Interface instead of BIOS...) that bypasses (a few of) the shortcomings of conventional PCs.

Captain Newbie said:
Uh, iMac Core Duo is a non-x86-architecture-compliant system (it uses Extensible Firmware Interface instead of BIOS...) that bypasses (a few of) the shortcomings of conventional PCs.
The architecture is decided by the processor, not the motherboard features, and the processors execute x86 machine code. There's a good chance that you could use the "Intel Core" processors with a regular BIOS, too (which is what regular PC vendors like Dell will probably do).

Captain Newbie said:
Uh, iMac Core Duo is a non-x86-architecture-compliant system (it uses Extensible Firmware Interface instead of Bios...) that bypasses (a few of) the shortcomings of conventional PCs.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Efi IS x86 compliant... its simply the new standard for basic I/O operations ( the "old" BIOS... ) and quite all "real" servers already have Efi , not Bios.....nothing really new...
Pls dont spread misinformations....google IS the answer , sometimes....
Just my 2 cents
DS_73

germanjulian said:
i have macos on VMware up and running. ITS DEAD SLOW though.
is there another way?
can you dual boot?

do you have x86 OS X running or are you running the PPC version with pear pc?

Last edited:
Back