• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Armor + BIX 2 or 3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mobious

I went the Thermaltake Armor (Al) route rather than my CM Staker 830 idea but have come to a block. W/C is the way I want to handle this one, and I plan on placing the radiator up front like a lot of other people have. I got a friend of mine whos got a BIX3 up in front (hes only got the power button and a DVD-RW installed, theres no more room) and stores his HDDs in the rear rack, and it works perfectly for him. My question is weither or not I would benefit from throwing down the extra $$$ for the BIX3 or just stick with a BIX2 and more drive bays (which I don't really want/need). Basicly, is there a BIG performance diff between the BIX2/3 (1/2"ID)?

-Mobious-

Whether or not you'll notice the performance difference depends on how much heat you're trying to get rid of. If you've got two dual cores and two high-end video cards, all overclocked, and maybe a V-8 engine or a small nuclear power plant, and you're trying run as close to silent as you can manage, the extra rad and fan will help a lot. Odds are your loop wouldn't be overloaded with the 2 fan rad, though, hence the larger one won't make a big difference.

Yes, theres a bunch of people on this forum that have done it (sorry, forgot who you are) which is what gave me the idea to begin with.

Great, and I guess its the same with the Stacker. I will definatly be picking one of these up and selling this PC75, its a good case but I suck at modding and id just screw it up.

BIGGER RAD = BIGGER BALLS. lol jp. But in all seriousness unless your volts are through the roof and components overclocked, then you should be fine. I have a freakin MCR220 that handles my opty and 2x 7800gt just fine. So that BIX should be more than enough

heres mine ;)
DSC02033.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

DSC02108.jpg

i modded mine a little on the side so it easyer to get to...but it fits fine without any mods

inkfx said:
Great, and I guess its the same with the Stacker. I will definatly be picking one of these up and selling this PC75, its a good case but I suck at modding and id just screw it up.

Only the original Stacker...not the 830 really since there are a couple less 5 1/4" bays with the 830. By the time I fit my rad, controller, floppy and CD, there is no room for drives. Even if I ditch the floppy, I have two hard drives and they are outside of the case right now.

Back