• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Bit of Wireless Adapter Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipersfate

I've been currently experiencing problems with my wireless network. Recently, my connection will be 54Mbps which of course, is the runnign rate of my G router and adapter. I will have excellent connection, but the internet, and even accessing my routers options is like dialup slow..even worse than dialup.

Unpluging and plugging in teh adapter works..for a short amount of time. I pinged my router when it first started happening.

1 ms
2 ms
26 ms
Request Timed Out

Then, when I unplugged, plugged in my adapter

1ms
1ms
2ms
1ms

Perfect, and then 10 seconds later...it dies again. My signal Strength is averaged 80% and my Signal Quality is 100% all the time. Anyone know what's the issue? I hate having to press play again on winamp to continue streaming music (I listen to music while I sleep). Thanks!

No worries, I fixed it. It was teh router. Something to do with the firmware. Shows to me that buying things off ebay need to be reset before you use them :D

Last edited:
Back