• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless mouse problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

I got a lot of use out of my Logitech g700s wireless mouse, but it was time to replace it. In the last 2 or 3 months, the mouse would lag or stutter. WHat I mean is that while using the mouse, and actively moving it, the mouse pointer would freeze for a split second and then show up elsewhere on the screen where my hand now was. I figured it couldve had something to do with the g700s being so old and beaten up, and receive my Logitech G603. Im using the wireless connection, but not so sure the connection matters. The receptor/adapter is only inches from the mouse at any time. I looked through the event log, but Im not sure what I would even look for that could be causing this. I just built this computer in October, and never had this issue with my old setup. Logically, you'd think that the newer computer running all the same software would be faster and more effecient. Sometimes, while just web browsing, the pages would become unresponsive before finally loading where they are responsive. Again, never had that issue with my old setup, no matter how many tabs I opened. Tomorrow I'm receiving 16GB of RAM up add to the 16 I already have, but I suspect this isnt a hardware issue, and thats not why I'm adding the RAM. Also, Nortons finds no viruses, and Spybot finds no malware...so Im trying to figure this out without having to do a clean Windows install.

I wouldn't think the mouse issues would cause web pages to load slowly. Sounds like a driver issue, an app conflict to me or a corrupted system file. Try running system file checker. This is the correct way to do it in Windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

No, the mouse pointer issue isnt causing web pages to load slowly, I mentioned that in case the two issue had something in common. Thanks for that link, I'll try it out and see if it helps.

Assuming windows 10. There are too many unknowns with your setup to give proper advice other than to say possibly something running in background is causing your oc'd pc to lag. With pc's, less is more. The fewer non-necessary processes running the better. Between video card software bloat to whatever the hell windows does without asking, that would be my guess. As for your g603, I'd plug it into a usb3 port and switch between lo and hi to see if there is any noticeable difference with the mouse itself. As for your old mouse it could have been fixed but probably not worth your time unless you just like soldering small parts.

You might also see how the mouse works in Windows safe mode. If the problem disappears, that means it's a driver issue. Safe mode bypasses drivers except the low level ones provided by bios to enable keyboards, pointing devices and other universal essential devices.

Tomorrow I'm receiving 16GB of RAM up add to the 16 I already have,
If you aren't using 16GB another 16GB won't help at all.

Hopefully you bought the same exact sticks... :)

If you aren't using 16GB another 16GB won't help at all.

Hopefully you bought the same exact sticks... :)

I bought the same RAM as what I had already. The mouse pointer issue seems to have stopped recently. I made room on my M2 drive by uninstalling some infrequently used programs, so perhaps there was some sort of conflict caused by one of the programs I uninstalled. BTW, I dont keep my computer overclocked for normal use--just for benchmarking.

With SSD technology they say not to fill them more than 75% or you start to get problems with performance.

With SSD technology they say not to fill them more than 75% or you start to get problems with performance.

It wasnt even halfway filled. I think there may of been some sort of conflict that was resolved by removing some programs. Not sure which one caused the conflict, but it seems to have gone away.

Back