• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar bios (understanding what is what !!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BamaPanda

Registered
Near the track! Talladega _ Alabama _ USA
Below is a post I made in AMD CPU's. I got no response - so I thought to try here. I just need to get my bearings if someone can help.

First off - part of a quote from 'Easy as 1,2,3 Overclocking' (which is quite good).

Quote:
1. Test the limits of your HyperTransport bus (HTT).[/color]

To do this set your CPU to its lowest multiplier. Generally 6x is good enough for this test.

Now set your memory to its lowest divider, 133 is general recommend.

Begin your testing by raising the FSB with the FSB/HTT multiplier set to 5x. Push your HTT up in 5mhz increments until it becomes unstable, generally you back off 5mhz from the last unstable speed. As Quailane pointed out its also a good idea to test with the 3x multi to ensure that your motherboard is not FSB limited, using the same steps test at both 5x for max HTT and 3x for max FSB. Testing should then be done, boot to windows and run a few loops of 3DMark03 or 05, if the system does not create any errors then you know its OK to move on to step 2. If it does fail out then reboot and back off the FSB another 5mhz, and retest.

Once your done note your max HTT number, a pad of paper is your friend so write it down if you think you might forget.

Now..
Please help me by looking at the shot of my bios page.
Which of my bios settings correspond to these comments?
1)CPU to its lowest multiplier
2)memory to its lowest divider (I think I know that one, just making sure) &
3)FSB/HTT multiplier set to 5x

I am working with a Sempron A64 2800+ on a Biostar 6100T Matx. Trying to get the best clock. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Bios page.jpg
    Bios page.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 144
Me too. I have the same motherboard and can barely make head or tails of what I'm doing with it. I know the CPU Frequency and HTT (HT Frequency) but I can't find the memory divider. The wierd thing is that if you using automatic overclocking feature it does change the memory divider. You can see it in CPU-Z.

Maybe we should strike up our own dialog till we find someone who knows what is up. I am glad I finally got some response.

The only thing I have done so far is to get it to 240 on the cpu frequency @ Startup cpu voltage w/ 3x on the HT. I actually had it to 270x3x (HT) w/ 1.425v - but I attempted to push it too far - too quick beyond that - and now I am sort of stuck back here until I get some more info.

I did memtest, and memory is good - so I am looking at the PS or cpu as the reason for my difficulty in getting it to clock higher.

Thanks for responding.

The Memclock frequency is your memory divider, if it is set at 200mhz then your memory is running 1:1 with the HTT.

Setting it to 166 will running it at roughly 166/200 ratio, 133 being roughly 133/200 and so on (I say roughly because in truth the memory divider is done from the CPU speed).

1T/2T is the very important CMD rate timing, 1T being faster and 2T normally being stable at higher speeds.

Not sure what CPU regulator does, but I imagine it allows VCore increases or something.

No idea what Watchdog timer does.

Back