• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pcgirl

Hi guys,

I just joined the team last week and am having lots of fun. :) I'm not on a very fast machine at the moment (celeron 533...ick) but I'm hoping to get a new job here very soon so then I can start building something much faster. :)

Am I the only female here...?

I would first like to say welcome to the team. As for having fun, I am glad you enjoy the family atmosphere of this team. I don't think you are the only female that is on the team, but I do believe you are the only female I have seen post in this forum topic. Happy crunching from everyone at www.overclockers.com seti team.

I'm not sure if you are the only girl or not but we can improve your times go here to learn how to set up the command line version of seti. If you perfer the screen saver make sure that you goto desktop properties and click the screen saver tab and then the setting button. Make sure that it is set to goto black screen after x minutes. Welcome to the team. Our home page is www.ocsetiteam.com.

From one new member to another, Welcome aboard! To follow up on what Basher said, the CLC is a bit faster than the GUI. I like the SETISpy interface better, too. If I could just get that shutdown problem fixed, I'd be good to go. :)

Welcome to the team! I'm not sure how many Ladies we have with us but my wife is part of my "farm" and I keep her up to date on the latest.

Cy

LOL...yes she is perfectly aware of our SETI efforts. The only complaint she has about all my computers is the electricity is a bit high but I just tell her I could be spending three times the money going to strip clubs is she would prefer instead of being at home and helping to further my career (IT/IS). :)

Cy

i'm pretty much sure u r not the only female in the team. however, if i didnt remember wrong, u most likely r the only female i've ever seen to post in this forum.

and welcome to the team!! as i've said before, more members+more machines = more WUs!! :D

btw, r u running the GUI or CLC version of SETI? stick w/ CLC if u can, it's 'bout 15-30% faster!! :D

lastly, just make urself home in here!!;)

Well, as I say, there's always a slower cruncher than you. And that person just happens to be me! I get to run SETI on my 466 Celeron.... I need to convince my parents to upgrade....

Welcome to the best team out there.... I also don't know how many females are out there.... I had allways assumed that everyone on the whole of Overclockers.com forums were guys. Boy was I supprised when I found all these girls in the picture thread! There may be more than we think cruching SETI.....

GUI, CLC, as long as you are running them optimized there really isn't much of a diffrence in times. I only shaved off an hour from the switch....

I'm a guy BTW... I just love my cute pink Purin!
JigPu

Welcome aboard, good to see that ladies are interested in SETI too. I must admit that you are the first lady I have seen in this part of The Forum. :)

JigPu said:

GUI, CLC, as long as you are running them optimized there really isn't much of a diffrence in times. I only shaved off an hour from the switch....

FYI, I just checked my Spy log, and my times have all been sub-7 hrs since I switched (yesterday). With the GUI, they were usually 8+. Made a nice little change here. :)

Thank you everyone for the nice welcome. :)

Right now I'm running the GUI version of SETI. I might check into the CLC and see what kind of difference it makes...

Welcome to the team!

My wife is involved with this too, she just doesn't know it. She's pretty good about making sure that that new "SETI anti virus" program is always running!

JigPu said:
Well, as I say, there's always a slower cruncher than you. And that person just happens to be me! I get to run SETI on my 466 Celeron.... I need to convince my parents to upgrade....

I can beat that, er... get beaten by that. My K6-2 has a faster clock rate but it's a socket 7 processor and takes about 25hrs to chew up and spit out a wu. Anyone do any worse?

Also, good morning pcgirl. (my prefered greeting) :)

eobard said:

I can beat that, er... get beaten by that. My K6-2 has a faster clock rate but it's a socket 7 processor and takes about 25hrs to chew up and spit out a wu. Anyone do any worse?

Also, good morning pcgirl. (my prefered greeting) :)

After checking the log, I found out that my Pentium MMX 233@266 averages about 40hrs/WU, but my new Epox 8KHA+ (161FSB) should make up for that.

Back