• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with NF-4 Ultra D usb ports and modem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zero cool

Hi

I am looking for some help for a poblem that is driving me nuts (well more nuts anyway :rolleyes: ). I have built a new rig which is in my sig below but I am having big problems trying to get my modem internet connection working with it. In a nutshell I have two rigs set up at the mo, my older rig(which is also in my sig) works fine with the modem plugged in however my new rig doesn't work at all well. The modem either is indicated aas 'not connected', 'training' (whatever that is) or loses the connection a couple of mins after I have got it running then doesn't allow me to reconnect. If I unplug the modem and stick it back in my older rig it works fine so I don't think it's a problem with the modem itself. I am running out of ideas of how to fix this so any help you could offer would be very much appreciated as this is obviously holding me back from enjoying my new rig :(

Which ethernet port are you using? The Marvell or the nVidia? Are you using an USB to connect the modem to the computer or a cat5 cable? I would recommend using a cat5.
I have mine plugged into the "top" port. With the "Marvell giga LAN" disabled in the bios.

Last edited:
Back