• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to water with Koolance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayaman

Registered
First things first, I'm new to water cooling. If you are new and you want a system that will install easily and perform well I recommend the Koolance EXOS 2. Its not the cheapest setup in the world but damn I can't see any reason not to get this. I'm using a biostar mobo and it overclocked my X2 3800 to 2.4 GHZ easily, which was my apparently modest goal in going with water cooling. So I have the equivalent speed of an X2 4600, a $700 processor. The 3800 plus koolance exos 2 is about that price, and of course the koolance will overclock processors for years to come (hopefully).

Right now the temp is stable at 25 degrees celsius, cant find fault with that. I have a lian li PC70 case, 4 case fans, the new WD raptor 150gig 10k RPM, FireGl vid card, 2 gigs of memory, everything seems stable.

Heres a Koolance recommendation for all you overclockers out there, albeit from a newbie. Not new to computers though, just water cooling.

i'm building a w/c setup based on a discarded pc2 rad, cpu and n/b waterblocks. i hope if have the same success as yourself.

Back