• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a good fan controller.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mixman

I am looking to replace my Noise Isolator controller. I have a couple of Sanyo Denki 92mm fans and a couple of 120mm Panaflo High Speed fans. I want a controller that can lower these fans with no whine or motor noise.

I know I don't want the Sunbeam Rheobus....LED's too bright and I just don't like the it's look. The models I am looking at are :

Aerogate 1-$14.99
Aerogate 3-$7.99
Sunbeam Lightbus-$14.99

Which of these will control my fans with the least motor noise and whine ? Any other models I should look at ?

i know you said you don't want to use it but the rheobus is actually a nice unit. i mounted mine to a lian-li faceplate but didn't mount the led lights. personally, i think it looks pretty good. for 9 bucks, you can't beat it.

pas said:
i know you said you don't want to use it but the rheobus is actually a nice unit. i mounted mine to a lian-li faceplate but didn't mount the led lights. personally, i think it looks pretty good. for 9 bucks, you can't beat it.

I know it's a good controller but I want to see what other controllers are out there.

sunbeam is the best there is for the price :p you can change out the leds and the controller isnt bad looking at all. The dials are sturdy, as are the channels. I had a $40 nexus previous to my sunbeam, and it was crap compared to the sunbeam.

Yeah, for $10 you can't beat the sunbeam. I would suggest changing out the LED's if you know how or have the time. The stock ones are BRIGHT.

sunbeam is the best rheobus out there - if you need LEDs that aren't as bright, i have some red/green bi-color LED's that i'm willing to sell (i used them to replace the ones on my sunbeam but had a bunch leftover)

Well, regardless of how great the Sunbeam is, he said he doesn't want it for whatever his reasons may be (and I'm in the same boat ... I hate the look of the external LEDs, regardless of how bright they are) and we should respect that.

So ASIDE from the Sunbeam with the 4 exposed LEDs, any other fan controllers you've used and really liked?

I'm personally planning to get one of the Lightbus models myself, Mixman. I like the LED glowing behind the knob rather than next to it, and I've got some CCFL's I want to power as well as fan. And obviously, Sunbeam has a good rep,

If your case has a door with a little space behind it you can just shove the sunbeam back as much as possible. Put a screw through the side to hold it still and put a 5.25" bay cover in front of it. After a while you may forget you have a fan controller. Plus you can't accidentally turn a fan down and melt your cpu. It works like a charm in my Tsunami case.

PerlAddict said:
Well, regardless of how great the Sunbeam is, he said he doesn't want it for whatever his reasons may be (and I'm in the same boat ... I hate the look of the external LEDs, regardless of how bright they are) and we should respect that.

So ASIDE from the Sunbeam with the 4 exposed LEDs, any other fan controllers you've used and really liked?

I'm personally planning to get one of the Lightbus models myself, Mixman. I like the LED glowing behind the knob rather than next to it, and I've got some CCFL's I want to power as well as fan. And obviously, Sunbeam has a good rep,

You said it just right. I want something a little more stylish than the Sunbeam Rheobus. I ordered the Lightbus. Hopefully it is a Rheobus with a better look and less bright LED's.

PerlAddict said:
How long is the delivery time for that Lightbus? I was going to pull the trigger today, but I'd like to hear what you think of yours.

I just got it, I will probably install it on Friday. My only concern is that you have to turn each channel on when activating the fan control. I wonder if it remembers that it was turned on and you don't have to turn on each fan every time you turn on your computer ?

Mixman said:
I just got it, I will probably install it on Friday. My only concern is that you have to turn each channel on when activating the fan control. I wonder if it remembers that it was turned on and you don't have to turn on each fan every time you turn on your computer ?

Hey Mixman, any update on this? I'm looking at these too and am curious how you like yours.

Thx!

Back