• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cutting a window in my Lian Li Pc-61, need some advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

Hey everyone,

I went to the hardware store today and bought some 4mm plexi glass. I am goign to cut a square/rectangular window in my lian li. The plan is to cut the square using a jigsaw (started with a drill hole) Then I will cut the plexi, with the jigsaw, about 4 cm bigger than the side panel cut.

Now I have 2 options to mount the plexi, should I use a silicon sealent thing (the big tubes in the gun) or should I drill holes all around and mount the plexi by screwing it on?

Advice is needed ASAP I want to start this :D

Thanks

Yeh I'm going with the bolts.

Last question, Should I be doing my cutting on the side panel from the outside of the panel or from the inside of the panel? I think inside right? that way any scratches etc. will be on the inside...?

I use this stuff fromFrozen CPU

You cut the window 4mm smaller and pop it in, then fold over the locking strip. You can find it other places as well. It's not as easy as it sounds but looks really clean. You will likely invent some very colorful exclamations for it before your done.

mol-03.jpg
mol-02_2.jpg

Nevalite said:
Yeh I'm going with the bolts.

Last question, Should I be doing my cutting on the side panel from the outside of the panel or from the inside of the panel? I think inside right? that way any scratches etc. will be on the inside...?
Yup, inside.

Back