• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best ocing 2gb set

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redrumy3

hey just like it says looking to get some good ocing ram 2gb set like to stay around 200 area i know gskill has some good ones not just sure which one to get but i want to oc them want to get my 4000+ running at 2.8 ghz =] maybe try n hit 3

The G.Skill's are a good overclocking set, but if you want guaranteed speeds you would be better off getting a set of TCCD 1G. :shrug:

i was looking at the ocz 2gb se which is cl2 but i dont know how well they oc, but i heard gskill are great at ocers, someone please link me to some good 2gb ocing ram thanks alot.

redrumy3 said:
i was looking at the ocz 2gb se which is cl2 but i dont know how well they oc, but i heard gskill are great at ocers, someone please link me to some good 2gb ocing ram thanks alot.
Here you go ;) Link

for that price range, you're likely looking at any samsung uccc modules. that includes the mushkins linked above , but also:

gskill extreme F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ
ocz gold OCZ5002048ELGE-K
ocz gold gx OCZ5002048ELGEGXT-K
corsair TWINX2048-4000PT
patriot PDC2G4000ELK (looks like UCCC, but not positive)

they should all perform about the same, the rest is just luck of the draw.

UCCC's are nice but best stuff out there is Micron 5-BD's revision F's. Just like early 5-BD's (which are out of production) they seem to reach 300MHz easily.

kovboi said:
for that price range, you're likely looking at any samsung uccc modules. that includes the mushkins linked above , but also:

gskill extreme F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ
ocz gold OCZ5002048ELGE-K
ocz gold gx OCZ5002048ELGEGXT-K
corsair TWINX2048-4000PT
patriot PDC2G4000ELK (looks like UCCC, but not positive)

they should all perform about the same, the rest is just luck of the draw.
yea im probably gonna get one of those or the mushkin, gotta wait till i get my money ill let u know when i get one =]

thanks for the reply's.

Frankie

I received the 2GB Kit Gskill PC4000HZ yesterday from the EGG. I am happy to report the memory pass memtest86 at 275 with timings 3-4-4-8-1T and 2.6 vdim. This is awesome with low vdim :p . Now my X2 3800 can run 1:1 at 270 x 10 with memory, and it actually outperformed my TCC5 ram (2 x 512) running at 2-3-3-6-1T @ 245.

RedDragonXXX said:
UCCC's are nice but best stuff out there is Micron 5-BD's revision F's. Just like early 5-BD's (which are out of production) they seem to reach 300MHz easily.

What ram currently has the Micron 5-BD's revision F's in them?

Sniper.nkc said:
I received the 2GB Kit Gskill PC4000HZ yesterday from the EGG. I am happy to report the memory pass memtest86 at 275 with timings 3-4-4-8-1T and 2.6 vdim. This is awesome with low vdim :p . Now my X2 3800 can run 1:1 at 270 x 10 with memory, and it actually outperformed my TCC5 ram (2 x 512) running at 2-3-3-6-1T @ 245.
yea i think imma go for the gskill cause alot of ppl say they hit 270 so imma go for that thanks guys ill let u know when i get them =]

RedDragonXXX said:
Team Xtreem has them but they are extremely hard to get because they go out of stock as soon as they show up.
rdxxx do you have a link for them?

thank you :)

you can find the team xtreem in the US here
(not trying to steal RedDragonXXX's thunder, just happened to have the link handy)
OCZ and GSkill recently announced new modules that look to be micron or infineon, but so far they only exist on paper.

Back