• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which KVM ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ErikD

As the number of PCs I have is ever increasing I think it is time to get a good KVM to switch between them. Currently I have my main PC up and running, and am working on a secondary PC. I also bring in a server to play around with (mostly just to do installs then I do remote desktop), and also client PCs that need work. I need a 4-port KVM so that I can stop digging around and swapping a monitor and peripherals between them.

First of all, what would be a good model to get?
Secondly, would a used enterprise rack mount KVM be better than a standard one? I am talking about something like this .

To me it seems that the main advantages of a regular consumer one would be no need for external power, and it is smaller (I am running out of room for PC equipment ;) ). On the other hand that Compaq switch uses the Print Screen button, so I could just stash it in some corner once it is all wired up.

Back