• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need heatsink help fast, ordering CPU (Opty 165)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Will order Opty 165 in a matter of seconds :)
I wonder if the retail fan is quiet/good or should I go for something else? Of course I'll be overclocking :)

I'm ordering from komplett.se (sweden) and they have a bunch of Zalmans and a few Thermaltakes

http://www.komplett.se/k/kl.asp?bn=10471

motherboard is DFI Ultra-D

Yeah, it's a Delta, but not a high performance fan. The retail heatsink is pretty good, but you need to stick a better performing fan on it than the Delta it comes with if you plan to overclock more than just a little bit. If you can find them in your area, a 80mm Delta FFB0812HHE is a good choice, and I imagine that the 3 blade Delta fans should be a good choice too. As for other case fans, a Panaflo H1A or H1BX would be a decent choice also. Also, any focused flow fan with a higher cfm rating than the HHE would be a good, if noisy choice too, but if you have a fan controller you can slow them down and cut a good bit of the noise out and still have excellent performance.

I just got mine in yesterday and I dont know what fan it is but it runs at 5000 rpm according to Smartguardian. I think the newer ones are faster and better then the ones that others got that only go up to 2800 rmp. So far I like this stock HSF. Save your money and stay with the stock at least for now. You can always buy something else later if you think its not keeping your high OC's cool enough.

Last edited:
Back