• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stupid Fedex driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

damarble

They never gave me problem before and I thought they were pretty cool. But what the guy did today made me want to to report him (still undecided, only becuase it probably wont do anything).

I was at work, but my family was home. I had the tracking # and knew it was coming today and made sure sombody was there. There were like 5 cars parked in the driveway. They watched him stop at our neighbor's and drop off a package. Then he drove up to our mailbox and put a "not home/closed" sticker on it, and left. This was at 12:47, and the package needed a sig.

WTF? Is it so hard to do his job? Get out of the truck and knock on the door? I have the day off tomorrow and I'm considering giving the guy an earfull, IF he decides to stop this time. But I can see him retaliating and "forgetting" to deliver more packages.

damarble said:
They never gave me problem before and I thought they were pretty cool. But what the guy did today made me want to to report him (still undecided, only becuase it probably wont do anything).

I was at work, but my family was home. I had the tracking # and knew it was coming today and made sure sombody was there. There were like 5 cars parked in the driveway. They watched him stop at our neighbor's and drop off a package. Then he drove up to our mailbox and put a "not home/closed" sticker on it, and left. This was at 12:47, and the package needed a sig.

WTF? Is it so hard to do his job? Get out of the truck and knock on the door? I have the day off tomorrow and I'm considering giving the guy an earfull, IF he decides to stop this time. But I can see him retaliating and "forgetting" to deliver more packages.
i would report it and give him hell when he delivers tomarrow..

d94 said:
i would report it and give him hell when he delivers tomarrow..

I would too.

Now, my personal FedEx Ground driver, is a GREAT guy. He used to just drop off packages at the front door of the house. I live in an apartment, that is behind a somewhat hidden gate.

Once, after the vacant lot across the street was being built up as a small apartment complex, a package was not delivered or stolen. (I'm pretty sure it was the construction workers, since I yelled at them for parking their trucks across the end of our driveway.) I got in touch with the Ebay guy I got the package from, he contacted FedEx, as did I. (I got my money back, incidentally.) I had another Ground package coming in a couple of days, and had the driver call me, so I could wait for him and show him how to get to my apartment. We met.

Ever since then, my packages are waiting, inside the gate, by my front door!

In this area, in MY OPINION, FedEx rocks!!

Of course, YMMV!

steve

fedex has a habit of dropping things off even though they should require a signature. i remember when i first started ordering stuff at my old place, the guy didnt ring the 2nd floor doorbell where i lived and instead left it on the back porch of my 1st floor neighbor.

today UPS actually rang the doorbell of my 3rd floor where i live now, so i could come down and sign it.

hmmm...

skou said:
Now, my personal FedEx Ground driver, is a GREAT guy.

i could only be so lucky to keep the same fedex guy. It is always a different guy then the first. I tried to make friends with them i did. I bake them my secret apple pie and it is waiting for them when they come. They see me grinning through the window as they approach and they give me my package, I give them their pie. Mama always said that it would help me make friends. But next time fedex comes by, it is a different person then before. What am I doing wrong?! :shrug:

Bro, they're talking about your apple pie, at the office. Now, they ALL want some pie.

Don't worry, once you get through ALL the drivers, you won't have any problem, until they get a new driver. (Then, you need to start baking again. What is your address?:D)

steve

EvilCloudStrife said:
I bake them my secret apple pie and it is waiting for them when they come.

What I want to know, what is that pie, that they need to keep replacing drivers? LOL

I think I will call the local office here and rat him out. The only thing in their favor is the estimated delivery date is actually tomorrow, so they're fulfilling their commitment. But when it's on the truck and he takes the time to stop and put a sticker on the mailbox, that's just appalling.

I've had similar treatment in the past. My recommendation is to have someone at home and have a camcorder ready, then film him when he comes by. If he pulls the same "sneak up and gently tape a 'you weren't home' sticker on your door then flee trick" and you complain you can let his supervisor know that they don't have to believe your side, but you will show the proof in court if necessicary. That should light a fire under their asses.

damarble said:
What I want to know, what is that pie, that they need to keep replacing drivers? LOL

I think I will call the local office here and rat him out. The only thing in their favor is the estimated delivery date is actually tomorrow, so they're fulfilling their commitment. But when it's on the truck and he takes the time to stop and put a sticker on the mailbox, that's just appalling.

HAHAHA! Obituarys theres a new fedex driver in it every week :santa:

I would call Corprate maybe rather then a local office, they most likely have a bunch of bone heads down there.

Here in Israel all the delivery service (except the Israeli Post Office) call the house and check if anyone is home before coming and they never just leave the package laying there.

BTW, I will never report someone, he might be a bad delivery guy but I will never mess with someones livelihood no matter how bad they are at their job or even if they are a total mofos they bring the bread home.

Hmm, that has happened to me a bunch of times with UPS but never had a problem with FedEx. If nobody is home to sign they will usually put the package somewhere safe so it is waiting for me when I get home. UPS on the other hand drives by the house and if I am not standing at the door screaming to stop they will bypass me.

Anyway the last time they did this, twice in a row (usually it is once per package), I called and complained. Since then I ahven't had anymore problems from them, they make sure I get my packages.

I had the exact same happen to me last week, i was sat in the room watching the postman at my box, i didnt think much of it, but as i went to collect my mail there was a "Sorry we missed you" note, i was thinking what the heck, he didnt even walk up to my door and check, let alone knock, its because on saturdays we get a differnt post person, and it looks like he is very lazy.

Anyways, i had to wait till the next week to pick it up at the post office, silly person :)

Flip-Mode said:
BTW, I will never report someone, he might be a bad delivery guy but I will never mess with someones livelihood no matter how bad they are at their job or even if they are a total mofos they bring the bread home.
That's why the US is rapidly losing its ability to compete in the global economy. No accountablility. Nobody is entitled to a free living just because they exist. Sorry to hear this sickness has spread as far as Isreal.

Flip-Mode said:
Will you say the same thing when it turns out that the person who isn't doing his job properly is the surgeon trying to repair your child's heart?

eobard said:
Will you say the same thing when it turns out that the person who isn't doing his job properly is the surgeon trying to repair your child's heart?
You are making bad examples, don't start the bad example circle because it will never stop.

Bad example? Yes. But you put "never" in your statement, which meant under any circumstances. I agree that sometimes things can (should?) be let go. Everyone has a rough day and shouldn't lose their job over the smallest thing. But I won't say I'd never report a neglectful employee.

eobard said:
Bad example? Yes. But you put "never" in your statement, which meant under any circumstances. I agree that sometimes things can (should?) be let go. Everyone has a rough day and shouldn't lose their job over the smallest thing. But I won't say I'd never report a neglectful employee.
You are right, I wasn't very accurate but I wasn't aware I was writing a statement for the supreme court.

ups man forged my signature last week when he dropped the package off at someone else's house

you better believe i turned that ******* in, i got my package but it was opened and everything, they had to go get it from the person he delivered it to down the street

Xenocide said:
ups man forged my signature last week when he dropped the package off at someone else's house

you better believe i turned that ******* in, i got my package but it was opened and everything, they had to go get it from the person he delivered it to down the street

I wouldn't have turned him in, I'd be pressing charges with the interstate commerce commission, provided it was an out of state package.

I'd like to see the guy behind bars, not just fired!

steve

Back