• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1900XT gets noisy in game ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

swebarb

Registered
Well does it get tot that point that you cant stand listen to the sound or can you force the fan to run at 30% or whatever instead of the automatic crap..

when your gaming it needs to be close to 100% but I usually can't hear it much over the game because I use headphones.

however I've decided to watercool this beast since I have the funds, time, motivation, etc. to do so.

If your X1900XTX is getting 'noisy' then it's getting HOTTT! The automatic fan control doesn't get going loud untill the card is damn near 100c! In this case you must look elsewhere for your problems, like how warm is your case running, or is the heatsink making good contact with the gpu??

On another note, you can use ATI Tool to automatically set fan speeds. When I game I set the fan speed on my X1800XTs to 90% It's loud yes, but where playing with hightech kit that generates an insane amount of heat. You can download AtiTool .25 beta 14 here.

Right, if it's getting loud it's because the card is getting insanely hot. Time to improve case ventilation. This is another reason why I replaced the stock cooler with a Zalman. The Zalman cools about the same as the stock fan at 100%, but it sure is lots quieter.

Back