• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8N-DL vs. K8N-DRE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iceage

Anyone have any experience with either of these boards in terms of OC options or troubles?

Looking for a good OCable SMP dual core Opteron board. Trying to spend less than $275.

Do both of these boards require ECC mem?

i have the dre and it will oc a little with clockgen. no voltage adjustment in bios though so it is really limited. I wanted to get the dl but got thus one at a real deal. I took my 2-240's from 1.4 to 1.8 at stock voltages though so I am happy for the money invested. Its a dedicated game server anyway so it does not have the be as strong as a gaming rig anyway. i am looking to upgrade to a dl though as soon as funds allow.

I know you didn't list it as one of your options, but the K8N master 2 far has been a great board to me so far. Has plenty of oc options, SLI, and fits your budget. Also all dual opteron boards require registered ram if recall.

Back