• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phpmyadmin problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nannahara

Hey everyone!

Well, lets get down to it shall we?

I dl'ed Xampp a while ago, and it set up beautifuly, without a single glitch, since then i have been busyt coding in HTML and PHP, but i got fed up with it, and wanted an easy way out, so i opted for phpNuke!

I dl'ed phpnuke last night and have just tried to install it (with no success) i searched google for some answers and guess who's website came up?

Thats right, w3.org, but i didnt like it so i decided to choose you instead! :p

I looked at your thread about installing it, and saw a thing about phpmyadmin, i noticed in the instructions that phpNuke is easy to set up using phpmyadmin, i opened my browser and headed over to

"localhost/phpmyadmin" as told by your tutorial, only to discover i didnt have permission!

Can anyone help me get arround this?

Im REALY new to setting up a website/cms/forum etc, and i have no idea.

Paste the exact error message please.

Also "localhost/phpmyadmin:80" does not work, port goes on the host. 80 is always assumed unless you use https.

Code:
Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
localhost

thats the exact error message, i dont think i explained myself very well, when i installed Xampp i installed everything, but i didnt touch any of the extras, as i only needed it to work for HTML, not for anything else, im not sure whether it sets it up on its own, but thats all i have done.

TIA

Last edited:
Code:
Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
localhost

thats the exact error message, i dont think i explained myself very well, when i installed Xampp i installed everything, but i didnt touch any of the extras, as i only needed it to work for HTML, not for anything else, im not sure whether it sets it up on its own, but thats all i have done.

TIA

It would be most usefull to know a little background knowledge such as what version of MySQL, PHP you are running along with what Nuke version.

Nannahara said:
but i didnt touch any of the extras, as i only needed it to work for HTML, not for anything else, im not sure whether it sets it up on its own, but thats all i have done.

TIA

You state that you 'only' needed it for HTML which makes me wonder if up to this point you have used the MySQL database... are you certain that this is configured with correct permissions ?

sorry for the lack of info, its PHP 5.5.1, mySQL v1.4, Apache v2.2.0, Nuke version 7.8. im on a windows machine, and i dont know anything about doing permissions, it was all done by Xampp,which is supposed to set them all up at once apparently, yet it doesnt work :S

Edit: When i go to "localhost/phpmyadmin", i get another bit of text i didnt post before, i dont know whether this is helpful:

Code:
 localhost
03/18/06 20:31:31
Apache/2.2.0 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8a mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.1.1

Back