• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My wife loves Linux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I converted my wife to linux about 4 months ago, and she loves it. None of my computers have Windows on them anymore, and she couldn't be happier.

She actually gets mad when I tease her about installing Windows on her next PC. She wants her Linux on it.

gruven said:
I converted my wife to linux about 4 months ago, and she loves it. None of my computers have Windows on them anymore, and she couldn't be happier.

She actually gets mad when I tease her about installing Windows on her next PC. She wants her Linux on it.

Does she have a sister?

gruven said:

Thats why I love my girlfriend. She is always open to try new things and experiment when I show her something on the computer.

*sigh*

I wish I could run games without having to use --nosound options. :-/

I still have never figured out why it does that. Sound works perfectly with everything else, but if I try to start a game normally it will not start, if I try a no sound option it works fine. I guess I could recompile ALL the dependancies for one of the games but that could take months. ;)

khiloa said:
*sigh*

I wish I could run games without having to use --nosound options. :-/

I still have never figured out why it does that. Sound works perfectly with everything else, but if I try to start a game normally it will not start, if I try a no sound option it works fine. I guess I could recompile ALL the dependancies for one of the games but that could take months. ;)

Using Alsa or OSS? And do you have a .asoundrc setup?

khiloa said:
ALSA and no .asoundrc file.

I had problems also, it seems to have solved itself without me doing anything??

My girlfriend teases me about using Linux, but I think I'm slowly swaying her to the other side, at least for a dual boot. She has some windows apps that she cannot live without though (Paintshop Pro for example). :shrug:

Midnight Dream helped me a little but we still haven't gotten it working. I also tried debug options and that didn't help with any of them. :-/

Back