• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did i do it right? amd 3800 x2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mutiny

Well im not a expert at overclocking so im going to post some specs, let me know if all looks well
my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

Can i go any higher and still be safe? Do i need to upgrade my stock heatsink?

have you done any stability testing? i had to give mine 1.4v to be stable at 2500, but you may have a better chip. is your HTT set at 4x? the thing about going any higher is just to watch your temps, and not give it excessive voltage. I'm using the KN8 non-SLI, w00t

i have th ekn8 sli and yes i have HT at 4x, I did not run any stability tests yet, nor did i tweak any voltages. What is a good tester?

PRIME95STABILITY TEST
download prime 95.
unzip it into two folders
execute the program in both folders
ctrl+alt+delete
right click 1 PRIME95.exe
left click set affinity
set 1 of the primes to cpu 0 and the other to cpu 1
in prime 95, go to stress? -> torture test
the first option is good for cpu only stability
the 2nd and 3rd option tests for ram as well.

SUPERPI
download super pi.
copy and make two folders and set affinity like prime 95
run 32mil digit

any errors means the cpu faults.

these test do not 100% denote stability but give you a general idea.
usually windows and apps run fine, but you mite having trouble after an hour of gaming if you get errors in these stress tests.

2.5 isn't that far off, but its decent :) congratz
i got mine to 2.6 on 1.344 but 2.5 is also an accomplishment :)
i set my HTT to 3x. you can set it to 1x before noticing any negligible performance impact.

You dont have to set the affinity for prime95. It wont matter. All it will do is tell you if one of your cores sucks more than the other which is kinda irrelevant since you can't disable one and you wouldnt want to if you could. If you are testing the CPU in prime use the 8k test.

Jakalwarrior said:
You dont have to set the affinity for prime95. It wont matter. All it will do is tell you if one of your cores sucks more than the other which is kinda irrelevant since you can't disable one and you wouldnt want to if you could. If you are testing the CPU in prime use the 8k test.

actually it would be relevant, if that happens you need to drop the oc a bit, if one core is unstable at a specific mhz your cpu is unstable

D

Back