• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to run 3 monitors....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Alright, I got a 7800GT and a eVGA SLI mobo. I want to add a third monitor and use a second pci-e card to drive 2 2001fp's (just 2D windows stuff, the 7800GT will drive my 2405 one this way).

I need to use pci-e as all 3 of my pci slots are in use.

If I plug this 7800GT into one of SLI slots, and then say a 6200 into the other will I be able to use all 3 monitors like I want? Or will it start to cause problems?

ajrettke said:
Alright, I got a 7800GT and a eVGA SLI mobo. I want to add a third monitor and use a second pci-e card to drive 2 2001fp's (just 2D windows stuff, the 7800GT will drive my 2405 one this way).

I need to use pci-e as all 3 of my pci slots are in use.

If I plug this 7800GT into one of SLI slots, and then say a 6200 into the other will I be able to use all 3 monitors like I want? Or will it start to cause problems?
It should work because I remember it was one of the dual PCI-E slots selling point but my memory isn't what it used to be...

Yes it will work. I am doing the same things with 2 different ATI cards in my recording studio for 4 monitors. Keep it in the family though...nVidia or ATI...so it can use the same drivers for both cards (at least the same installer files).

I ran my 4 screens wiht a 7800gtx and 6800gt for quite awhile without any problems. I just set up a triple head system for a friend using a 6800gt and 6200 and it works great also.

Be sure and grab this program if you dont have it already. UltraMon

Back