• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to get mic to work on bf2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lXlFUSElXl

Well...I finally got a mic for my comp, byt I dont know how to set it up to work with bf2

Well if you can set up your mic to work on your computer, it should work with BF2. There is a setup/test in the options of the game.

Also, you must be in a squad on the server to talk, and you press B(default) to speak.

I do...and the little speaker appears but i dont hear a beep or anything to alert me that the mic is workin...also I never here anyone speak...i have to cables on the end of my mic...1 is the mic and 1 is the headset...which port should the headset plugin go to

the headphones go in the output (usually green) hole, an the microphone goes into the microphone (pink) hole. you never hear anyone talk on bf2 because nearly nobody in pub games uses in game voice chat. i would look into finding a team to play with and play on vent/teamspeak with them if you want to play with voicechat. bf2's voice quality is horrible anyway.

My mic works sometimes, when I start the game its fine and I can talk, but as soon as I die it stops working...... I checked and the voice communication box unchecked its self :(

So I have to leave the game to change my settings back, its very annoying.

Well , I have my speakers in the output...and I have audigy btw....also is there a website witha clean that uses teamspeak that I could contact.

I am not able to get my mic to work in BF2. I have an USB Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and the mic works fine except for gaming. I have done the VOIP set-up but it seems the mic is not connected to the game. I have done all kinds of searches and done all kinds of checking and still it does not work. I even loaded the game twice with the same results. Has anyone here have this problem? I am using Vista 64 bit.

Depending on your os and s/card the settings will vary , but I find that in XP and my XFi Music that things work better with the mic "muted" in windows for best results in BF2 . However , again depending on your hardware etc , sometimes you must UN-mute the mic in windows .

Try it both ways , as one of the settings should work .

And ..refering to the usb mic's ... I find that most usb mic's have a terrible time even being found/recognized in games . It just seems to be the nature of usb mic's in that requard . Direct sound card/mic connections are always your best bet for gaming .

I got my Logitech Webcam Pro 400 mic to work. I had a couple of issues which I fixed.

1. My Vista Ultimate 64 bit was missing usbaudio.sys file. I downloaded the attached zip file, unzipped usbaudio.sys and installed it in C:\windows\system32\driver.

2. I had to adjust the gain (level) in my mic to +40db. When I did the audio mic test in BF2. The audio test bar was red. With the adjustment, the bar turned green I can hear myself loud and clear. If you adjust too high, you will hear echo and static.

That was it. Now I can talk.

Attachments

• usbaudio.zip
    31.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
If you do not MUTE the mic...then you'll hear yourself speaking.

And in most cases...you HAVE to enable the Mic Boost for anyone to hear you clearly.

Also, don't spend more than like $25 on a headset...as its quite common for them to break/malfunction regardless of how much you spend. I prefer to go with the throwaway $8 ones at newegg.

I agree with what you are saying, but my operating system had a missing file.

A member at EVGA forum provided some useful information regarding a hotfix from Microsoft. For those who have activated their O/S, call the 1-800 number and Microsoft will help you. In my case I am still testing this O/S and have not activated yet; thus Microsoft will not help me. I want to make sure things will work for me before I do this.

Here is the website that contains the hotfix.

My mic works great now in BF2. I joined a squad in BF2 a person who reply said I came in loud and clear. I am glad this works becausing a mic is essential in multi-player game.

I could never get the mic loud enough to even engage in BF2. It works fine in everything else. Very sensitive and pick up background noise from my case fans. But BF2? Barely moves the line when trying to set it up, like the input volume has been set waaaaaay down. I must not be the only one who has trouble with BF2 and its ingame voice chat, cause in all the time I've played, I've only once heard someone use it.

Back