• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead Space 3: mankind loses?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I've never played Dead Space 3 or its DLC but I read about it on the Dead Space wiki. Is the ending of Dead Space 3 or its DLC supposed to imply mankind loses its battle against the Brethren Moons?

I read there was a Dead Space 4 planned and even some preliminary work done on it (Ellie was supposed to be the protagonist I believe), but it was inexplicably cancelled. Maybe Dead Space 3 didn't make enough money for Evil Arts to consider a 4th entry in the Dead Space franchise?

It's kinda interesting how the Dead Space franchise neatly solved the Fermi Paradox though.

If they did a remake of Dead Space 3 I'd buy it.

From all reviews and gossip sites, all games in the DS franchise were a $ sink and nowhere near profitable enough for a 4th, best guess is that they were trying to get funding from the remakes... Which also kinda flopped...

Niche market is niche market, no matter how good a product is, if there isn't enough people to buy it, it will fail 🤷🏻‍♂️

Plus, you know, EA and Denuvo...

The game is over a decade old, spoiler rules wouldn't apply in the first place and it's posed as a question not a statement anyway...

Well maybe "forum rules" wouldn't apply... but SPOILER rules??

What if it's over 10 years old and you simply haven't played it yet? (Not a lot of people did... it got pretty bad reviews when it came out.)

As for "phrasing it like a question"... I dunno dude... It's phrased like (SPOILER ALERT):

"LUKE IS Darth Vader's SON??!"

That's way older than 10 years old... And everybody knows that...

...unless you're like 10 years old and you just saw one of the new movies and you had NO idea.

Or... in this case... Unless you're just getting around to playing Dead Space Remastered for the first time, you've taken an interest in the series... then all of a sudden...

A much, much better title would've been: "Dead Space 3 Ending..."

But whatever... It wasn't going well for humanity in the first one! :D

I just checked my Library to see if I owned it...Nope Dead Space 2 is in there no 3. Feel free to spoil the ending as I either will never get to it or wouldn't remember the spoiler in a week any way...It's called old age.:)

I can't remember the ending to Farcry 6 and its only 2 or 3 years old , I played it for a 200 hours and loved it...I think the good guys won.:unsure:

I actually spoiled the ending myself just a couple months ago :LOL:

Got part way through one years ago. Was interested in the story but not enough to dump three full games and a dlc's worth of playtime into it.

The first two Dead Spaces are somewhat unlike the last in that the danger isn't to all of humanity and in the first 2 Dead Space games the threat is seemingly eliminated.

Did EA have to finance the Dead Space animated movies all by themselves? Did they make any profit off the movies or were they purely marketing material for the games?

For those interested here are the Dead Space animated movies (the second employs a really weird and jarring mix of cartoon animation and CGI):

Dead Space Downfall (prequel to Dead Space)
https://archive.org/details/dead-space-downfall

Dead Space Aftermath (prequel to Dead Space 2):

I have it on EA, I got it free from somewhere.. honestly I am surprised there are over 100 people still playing it :poop:

Dead Space 2 was better than the (original) Dead Space. Dead Space 3 sounded stupid to me until I read the background story on the Dead Space wiki and saw the animated/CGI movies. One interesting aspect of the Dead Space milieu is that it answers the Fermi Paradox.

I was holding off getting Dead Space 3 in hopes there would be a remake of it (all the Dead Space games are DX9 and it shows).

Dead Space 2 was better than the (original) Dead Space. Dead Space 3 sounded stupid to me until I read the background story on the Dead Space wiki and saw the animated/CGI movies. One interesting aspect of the Dead Space milieu is that it answers the Fermi Paradox.

I was holding off getting Dead Space 3 in hopes there would be a remake of it (all the Dead Space games are DX9 and it shows).

Playing through the original Dead Space now. I played like a demo of it before... or my friend loaned me the disc or something... Wasn't interested AT ALL at the time. (As all men know... to me... there is nothing more boring than Space).

The remastered original looks great and I'm sure they've made some kind of improvement to the controls. But if I wasn't able to play this for free (via Gamepass), I don't think I'd be missing much by playing through the original. (Which I have somewhere on Steam... or Epic... or GOG... or maybe EA...)

Back