• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead Space

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, the blue line is cool. And I've seen 'breadcrumbs' under control options, what is this? This is also the first game to overheat my computer. I was getting in my licks last night and after about 45 min BSOD. Fired back up and windows BSOD'd. Tried once more same thing, so I went to check the water hoses (the dog has pushed the radiator into the corner before and kinked the water lines and had the same problem, just sooner). Anyway, the hoses were 'hot!' Nice thing about the Reserator is it keeps circulating even when the machine is off. Anyway, let it cool for 30 minutes and it fired right up.:thup:
I do think this game has a memory issue because I've had random crashes to desktop after 40-60 Min. of gameplay, almost on a regular basis. I've run Crysis, FC2, ME,and other new releases and have never had this issue before. Hey EA, still waiting on that PC patch!

huh... I had the same issues... got hot and crashed, as well as random crashes to desktop. I've been working on cutting back on my voltages for my vCore, so I just assumed that it was because I hadn't made it completely stable yet.

I've never had a crash while playing dead space... CPU overheating to the point of shut down on a water cooled rig? something ain't right there!!

He did mention that hes using a Reserator.. lol so his CPU block probably isn't the best and if hes cooling his GPU with that its definitely gonna get hot.

I have no idea what a Reserator is... im not fully up to speed with watercooling since i dont use it!!

omg... I'm fighting the final boss (I think) and every time I die I have to watch this minute long cutscene, and then watch another minute long cut scene when I try again... that to me is way more irritating than dieing... having to wait needlessly... why cant they add a "skip scene" function!?

EDIT: Kay, done... as far as the ending goes... no comment. But I am gonna go ahead and start a new game. Check out some of my new gear.

Last edited:
i thot the end boss was the easiest part of the game... just walked from side to side and pounded the yellow bits... job done!!

i thot the end boss was the easiest part of the game... just walked from side to side and pounded the yellow bits... job done!!

yeah, that was easy, but when you get down to 2 it grabs you and dangles you and its damn near impossible to aim and hit the last 2. and having to watch yourself get eaten multiple times gets kind of old. though the screaming was kind of amusing.

that and I didn't have enough rounds left for my contact beam to shoot all of them, so I switched to my line beam.

just finished today :D

Much better than I expected, I about crapped myself at the final cut scene though, was totally not paying complete attention at the end there.... haha

Last edited:
Back