• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z-680 LCD light "mod"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

Not really modding the Z-680 control pod LCD, but I did something to cover up the glaring light I get from it which can be distracting when playing games. Sewing might be girlish, but it helped me out here and I'm pretty happy with the end result.

Picture%20029.jpg

Picture%20045.jpg

Fits like a glove! There's a think piece of cardboard sewn between the material that goes over the LCD to help keep light out even more.

What do ya think?

lol. I wasn't sure what to name it, just kinda threw one out there. =\

Every time I see your avatar I can't help but to feel sorry for the little mouse. :(

I thaught it was gonna be a mod, I come here and its men sewing LOL kidding nice mod I guess :p

lol, I just use electrical tape on my annoying lights on my PC and what-not. Amazing how brightly things shine when you have your computer in your bedroom.

Yeah, blue LEDs are VERY bright in a closed small dark room. I have to roll my chair in front of my PC at night becasue the LED shines right on my bed and all across the wall.

Good choice of classification Tebore. :) My control pod has been hanging out to much with the logitech women and needed some protection. ;)

WTF I came in here to look at a hand sewn condom. :rolleyes: I want my .02 cents back.LOL :p

It does look well made though job.

I guess if you every give up OCing you could always take up knitting. :)

lol EC.

I did finish that fan hole on the side panel of my case. Did you see it yet? I've got a thread up in the cooling section for it.

Electron Chaser said:
WTF I came in here to look at a hand sewn condom. :rolleyes: I want my .02 cents back.LOL :p

It does look well made though job.

I guess if you every give up OCing you could always take up knitting. :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's frickin' hilarious! It took me a minute to type this because I was still laughing!!!!!!!! LOL

Good work on the cover though ;)

Yeah, it's pretty odd. I had originally planned to do some type of hinged arcylic "door" with some 10% automotive tint applied to it. I would just flip it down when I didn't want to deal with the LCD light and then flip it back up when I had the lights on (pretty much never) or something. So far it's been working great for me, I haven't taken it off the control pod since I posted the thread. Not being able to see the LCD read out is fine, as I know all of the settings that I like by ear or how long I'm holding the remote button down.

Yeah, it's pretty odd. I had originally planned to do some type of hinged arcylic "door" with some 10% automotive tint applied to it. I would just flip it down when I didn't want to deal with the LCD light and then flip it back up when I had the lights on (pretty much never) or something. So far it's been working great for me, I haven't taken it off the control pod since I posted the thread. Not being able to see the LCD read out is fine, as I know all of the settings that I like by ear or how long I'm holding the remote button down.

Anyone know if Logitech is still supplying remotes for the Z-680s? I wanna grab one to have as a replacment if this one decides to go kuput on me before they discontiue all replacment parts for this speaker system.

Back