• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 $20 off Coupon @ Best Buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i may actually but it, lol... thx.

i only never bought this cuz i paid $50 for the 1st bf and played it for about 20min, then never again. i wonder how much it is in store.

*EDIT* WHICH VERSION SHOULD I BUY? What's the one that everyone plays... I don't know what this special forces, etc. is... :(

Last edited:
ilikepie said:
Theres only 1 battlefield 2. Special forces is the expansion and euro force is a booster pack
Oh so I'd have to buy BF2 and then the spec forces expansion... do a lotta ppl play the spec forces expansion?

g0dM@n said:
Oh so I'd have to buy BF2 and then the spec forces expansion... do a lotta ppl play the spec forces expansion?

I'm not 100% positive but I'm pretty sure special forces only allows you to play a few more maps and get 2 gun unlocks when you level up.

You can get the 2 unlocks per lvl up by allowing a friend with special forces to play on your account for like 10 minutes. [it worked for me]

You need BF2 to play SF. There is a whole new set of unlocks for each kit, bring it to three weapons per kit that you can choose from. The SF maps will not play on the same server as BF2 server, they run to different types of servers. EuroForce expansion runs on BF2 servers though. SF has really faded out it seems.

Yes you can log your account into someones that has SF and then get all the unlocks. With SF, you get two unlocks per rank promotion as opposed to one unlock with vanilla BF2.

It is a good price, I am going to pick up a copy for a friend.

Just to show I play a lot...
http://bf2s.com/player/RocketChild/

Was just about to order a copy from eBay when I remember a shipping coupon that was here a week back.....low and behold I saw this and theres a best buy 3 minutes from my house :)

thanks for the post.

MaxPowers_68 said:
i just payed full price a couple of weeks ago... (proceeds to punch himself in the face)
If I am not mistaken, BB offers a pricematch guarantee.If so, they can do a return and re-purchase to apply the coupon.Call your local branch and ask if they will do it...worse comes to worse---you lose 5 minutes on the phone.Worth a shot at least.

Can someone link me to the copy I should be buying? Maybe then I can write down item# and be ready at the store (if I go)...

*EDIT*
nvm, it's this here.

and the expansion pack here.

Special Forces kinda sucked in my opinion. although it focuses more on infantry combat, the night vision/night maps arent done too well. theres also bugs with ATI video cards and night vision too i think.

from the looks of it, SF is losing whatever crowd it has. BF2 is still a ton more popular. as long as you have the pc to run it (2GB of RAM and/or fast hard drive otherwise the load times will be pretty long), it can be a fun game.

As funny as it is, I'm in the same "plate" as g0dM@n is. I still didn't get this game on my PC. And for that reason I'd like to play with you, g0dM@n :p.

LogRus said:
As funny as it is, I'm in the same "plate" as g0dM@n is. I still didn't get this game on my PC. And for that reason I'd like to play with you, g0dM@n :p.
You've been stuck on CS as well cuz that's the plate I'm on!! :D

When I play any game @ all, it's CS: CZ

Going to go pick mine up tomorrow (the 8th, the last day it is in affect).

HeatM1ser2k4 said:
If I am not mistaken, BB offers a pricematch guarantee.If so, they can do a return and re-purchase to apply the coupon.Call your local branch and ask if they will do it...worse comes to worse---you lose 5 minutes on the phone.Worth a shot at least.

30 days :)

Back