• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ memory rated up to 3.1. Is 3.2 overkill?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jab635

I am attempting an Asrock Volt Mod and if I do it my volts will be up from 2.75 to 3.2. My memory is OCZ EB DDR PC3200 Platinum Edition - Micron 5B C 2*512mb rated up to 3.1. Will 3.2 fry the memory or cause it to work less effectively?

The micron chips did like more voltage than less from what I remember, but we suggest you don't run more than 3.1V into the memory.

If you want to try it out just stick a fan over the memory and you should be fine as long as the volt mod works ok.

What about this ram? Is it better than Goldxt?
OCZ Gold Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

2.5-3-2-8 is a good place to start, but one you start cranking them up you'll have to run 3-3-3-8 timings. If you search these forums or google you will find a lot of info that should help you max out the 3200EB :)

Back